Health Risk Analysis Due to Vegetable Consumption of Cabbage, Carrot and Chili which Contain Organophosphate Pesticides Residue to the Horticulture Farmers in District of Cikajang, Garut, West Java, Indonesia 2017
Keywords:Risk Analysis, Cabbage, Carrot, Chili, Organophosphate, Profenofos
The agricultural sector is a very dominant sector in District of Cikajang, Regency of Garut, Province of West Java. The main commodities are chili, cabbage, carrots, tomatoes and potatoes. Agricultural activities cannot be separated from the use of pesticides. Ordinary farmers consume vegetables from agricultural produce so as to pose a risk of health problems. This study aims to determine the health risks due to consumption of vegetables containing with pesticide residues in the District of Cikajang, Regency of Garut. The research method is an observational study with the design of Environmental Health Risk Analysis. Social-demographic and dietary surveys with interviews of 99 farmers were conducted from March to May 2017. Chili samples were extracted using the QuEChERS technique and calculated by gas chromatography equipped with a flame photometric detector (FPD). The results showed that vegetables containing with pesticide residues were chili with the highest Profenofos concentration i.e. sample number III, that is 11.193 mg/kg, and the mean concentration of 5.235 mg/kg, while the pesticide residues are not found in cabbage and carrots. Intake of Profenofos through chili at farmers in the District of Cikajang is 0.05867 mg/kg/day, with duration of exposure of 33.4 years, weight of 57.37 kg. Intake rate of 0.3571 gr/day and exposure frequency of 52 days/year. The profenofos concentration in chili has exceeded the normal limit according to EPA (2006) that is 0.00005 mg/kg/h. The results show that non carcinogenic RQ have a risk for exposure to the disease. Therefore the health risk reduction management needs to be done.
. Christine Hoefkens, I. V. (2009). A literatureâ€based comparison of nutrient and contaminant contents between organic and conventional vegetables and potatoes. British Food Journal, Vol. 111 Iss: 10, pp.1078 â€“ 1097.
. Basilicata P, A. S. (2013). Evaluation by Environmental Monitoring of Pesticide Absorption in Farm Workers of 18 Italian Tomato Cultivations. International Journal of Immunopathology and Pharmacology, Vol 26, Issue 2, pp. 517 - 523.
. Sudarmo, S. (1990). Pestisida. Yogyakarta: Kanisius.. BPS. (2014). Cikajang Dalam Angka 2014.doc - Google Drive. BPS Kabupaten Garut. Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QmhFDg7U3mbHdickw2SERIemM/view
. Munarso, Broto, Wisnu, & Miskiyah. (2009). Studi kandungan residu pestisida pada kubis, tomat, dan wortel di Malang dan Cianjur. Buletin Teknologi Pascapanen Pertanian, 5, 27â€“32.
. luthfiah. (2016). Analisis Risiko Kesehatan Akibat Konsumsi Tomat Yang Mengandung Residu Profenofos Pada Petani Holtikultura Di Desa Cikandang Kecamatan Cikajang Kabupaten Garut. jakarta: Universitas Indonesia.
â€™ EPA. 2006. â€œUnited States Environmental Protection Agency,â€ 1â€“61. https://archive.epa.gov/pesticides/reregistration/web/pdf/2540ired.pdf
. Lemeshow, Stanley, David W Hosmer Jr, Janelle Klar, dan Stephen K Lwanga. 1990. â€œPart 1: Statistical Methods for Sample Size Determination.â€ Adequacy of Sample Size in Health Studies, 247. doi:10.1186/1472-6963-14-335
. Permentan. (2015). Peraturan Menteri Pertanian Republik Indonesia Nomor 04/Permentan/Pp.340/2/2015. Tentang Pengawasan Keamanan Pangan Terhadap Pemasukan Dan Pengeluaran Pangan Segar Asal Tumbuhan, 3, 9â€“19. https://doi.org/10.1163/WTOGATT-P3-2
. Udiarto, B.K; E.Suryaningsih; dan W.W. Hadisoeganda. 1994. Studi â€œbase lineâ€ Identifikasi dan Pengembangan Teknologi PHT Pada Sayuran Dataran Tinggi di Kabupaten DT II Garut dan Majalengka. Bul. Penel. Hort.
. Adiyoga, W., R. Sinung-Basuki, Y. Hilman dan B.K Udiarto. (1999). Studi Lini Dasar Pengembangan Teknologi Pengendalian Hama Terpadu Pada Tanaman Cabai Di Jawa Barat. J. Hort
. Amilia, Euis, Benny Joy, dan Dan Sunardi. 2016. â€œResidu Pestisida pada Tanaman Hortikultura (Studi Kasus di Desa Cihanjuang Rahayu Kecamatan Parongpong Kabupaten Bandung Barat).â€ Jurnal Agrikultura
. Rahman, Abdur. 2007. â€œBahan Ajar Pelatihan Program Intensif Tingkat Dasar) Pusat Kajian Kesehatan Lingkungan & Industri Fakultas Kesehatan Masyarakat Universitas Indonesia.â€
. Fitriadi, Bayu Refindra, dan Ayutia Ciptaningtyas Putri. 2016. â€œMetode-Metode Pengurangan Residu Pestisida pada Hasil Pertanian Methods of Pesticide Residue Reduction on Agriculture Productsâ€ 11 (2)
. Utomo, Suyud Warno, M Si, dan Ir Sutriyono. 2014. â€œPengertian, Ruang Lingkup Ekologi dan Ekosistem,â€ 1â€“31
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.