Mitigation of Harmonics using Active Shunt Filter with PEMFC
Keywords:Hysteresis current control loop, synchronous reference frame, shunt active filter
AbstractThis report demonstrates the method of improving the power quality using a shunt active power filter with PEMFC. In this proposed topic comprises shunt active power filter with Proton Exchange Membrane fuel cell, hysteresis current control loop, Synchronous reference frame, DC link capacitor. The trading signal generation for the filter is from hysteresis current controller techniques. With all these elements shunts active power filter reduce the total harmonic distortion. This report introduces the simulation and analysis of the using three phase three wire system active filters to compensate harmonics. The proposed shunt active filter model uses balanced non-linear load. This paper successfully lowers the THD within IEEE and IEC norms and satisfactorily works to compensate current harmonics.
Shiuly Mukhehjee, Nitin Saxena, K.k.Sharma,â€Power system harmonic compensation using shunt active power filterâ€ IJERA, Vol.4 Issue 7, july 2014,pp.60-63.
Kamal Al-Haddad and Nassar M (2000),â€Modeling and nonlinear control of shunt active power filter in the synchronous reference frameâ€.IEEE transaction
Murat K. and EnginOzdhemier(2005), â€œ An adaptive hysteresis band current controller for shunt active power filtersâ€, Electric Power systems Research, 73,pp 113-119
Brod D.M., and Novotny D.W.,1985, â€œ Current Control of VSI PWM Invertersâ€, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Applications, 21(4),pp.562-570.
H Fujita, H Akagi, A practical approach to harmonic compensation in power systems-series connection of passive and active filters, ISSN: 0093-9994, Industry Applications, IEEE Transactions on (Vol:27 , Issue: 6 ).
A Kannan, V Kumar, T. Chandrasekar, BJ Rabi, â€œA review of power quality standards, electrical software tools, issues and solutionsâ€, at renewable energy and sustainable Energy (ICRESCE) 2013 International conference, IEEE pages â€“ 91-97.
Grady W.M., Samotyj M.J., and Noyola A.H., 1990, â€œSurvey of Active power line conditioning Methodologiesâ€ IEEE Trans on Power Delivery, 5(3), pp1536-1542.
P.Salmeron and S.P Litran, 2010 â€œImprovement of the electric power quality using series active and shunt passive filtersâ€, IEEE Transactions on power delivery, Vol.25, No.2., pp.1058-1067.
K.Sebasthirani and K.Porkumaran, 2014â€Performance enhancement of shunt active power filter with fuzzy and hystersesis controllersâ€, JTAIT, ISSn:1992-8645.
da silva, S.A.O., Neto, A.F., Cervantes, S.G.S., Goedtel.A, 2010, â€œSynchronous reference frame based controllers applied to shunt active power filters in three-phase four-wire systemsâ€, IEEE transactions on Industrial Technology, pp.832-837
Anil Bharti, Rajat Varshney, Dr S.K.Srivastva, â€œA Study of PI Controller Based Unified Power Quality Conditionerâ€ in International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, sept 2012.
Uma P BalaRaju, Bala Krishna Kethineni, Rahul H Shewale, Shiva Gourishettiâ€Harmonic effects and its mitigation techniques for a non-linear loadâ€ International Journal of Advanced Technology & Engineering Research (IJATER), may 2012.
S.Bhattacharya and D.Divan,â€ Synchronous frame base controller implementation for a hybrid seris active filter system,â€ in Conf.Rec.IEEE IAS Annu. Meeting, 1995, pp.2531-2540
Joao L. Afonso, Mauricio Aredes, Edson Watanabe, Julio S. Martins, â€œShunt Active Filter for Power Qaulity Improvementâ€ International conference UIE, Lisboa, Portugal, November 2000, pp.683-691.
Mehta.G, Singh S.P, Patidar R.D, Non-linear load compensation in fuel cell grid interfaced system using active power filterâ€, at PEDS, 2011 IEEE Conf. ISSN: 2164-5256, pp-197-202.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.