Effects of Business Process Reengineering on Organizational Performance: Organizational Transformation of Tour and Travel Business
Keywords:Tour and Travel, Organizational Transformation, Business Processes Reengineering, and Organizational Performance.
This study aimed to analyze business process reengineering as an organizational transformation strategy and examine the relationship between business process reengineering and organizational performance intour and travel business in Makassar city. Business process reengineering is a process of redesigning workflows and business processes within an organization to achieve improved company performance the in the form of cost efficiency, improved quality, service, and speed. The method used in this study was of Partial Least Square (PLS) analysis obtained from questionnaire. The respondent swereem ployers of tour and travel business in Makassar city as many as 140 employers. The results show that business process reengineering is a strategy used in the organizational transformation. It is also found that there is a positive relationship between business process reengineering and organizational performance intour and travel business.
â€¢ Altinkemer, Kemal., Ozcelik, Yasin. & Ozdemir, 2011.Productivity and Performance Effect of Business Process Reengineering: A Firm-Level Analysis. Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 27, No. 4, pp 129-161.
â€¢ Arviansyah., Spil, Ton. & Hillegersberg, Jos van. 2014. Equivocality in IS/IT Project Evaluation: Model Development and Pilot Study. Procedia Technology 16, 1155 â€“ 1165.
â€¢ Champy, James & Hammer, 1996.Reengineering Management. Jakarta: Penerbit Bina Rupa Aksara.
â€¢ Chand, Donald R. & Cannon, Robin. 1997. Reengineering of ITT Sheraton. Knowledge and Process Management, Volume 4, Number 4, PP 229-235.
â€¢ Chang, Li-Jen., & Levy, Margi.Diakses 2013.Process Reeenginering Success In Small And Medium Sized Enterptises. Northern Illinois University library.
â€¢ Department of Tourism and Creative Economy.2014. List of Travel in Makassar City.
â€¢ Ellitan, Lena. & Anatan, Lina. 2008. Business Process Reengineering and Its Implications on Company Transformation Strategy and Human Resources Function, Management Journal, Vol 8, No. 1.
â€¢ _______ 2006.Innovation Strategy and Manufacture Company Performance in Indonesia: SimultaneousModel andSequential Model, Management Journal.Volume 6 No. 1.
â€¢ Gomes, Ricardo CorrÃªa. & Liddle, Joyce. 2009. The Balanced Scorecard As A Performance Management Tool for Third Sector Organizations: The Case Of The Arthur Bernardes Foundation, Brazil. Bar, Curitiba, V. 6, N. 4, Art. 5, Pp. 354-366.
â€¢ Gunasekaran, A. & Kobu, 2001.Modeling and Analysis of Business Process Reengineering. International Journal of production research,Vol. 40, No. 11.
â€¢ Hanif, Nadia., Ahmad, Zafar. & Farooq, Sadia. 2013. Balanced Scorecard As A Spontaneous Performance Measurement Tool: A Case of Insurance Companies in Pakistan.International Journal Of Innovative And Applied Finance.
â€¢ Hunger, David. & Wheelen, Thomas. 2001. Strategic Management, Penerbit Andi Yogyakarta, Second Edition.
â€¢ Iqbal, Javed. 2012. Towards A Conceptual Framework For Implementation Of Business Process Reengineering (BPR) initiative. Interdisciplinary journal Of Contemporary Research in Business Vol. 3 No.11.
â€¢ Irene Septiani dan Devie. 2013. Analysis on Effects of Business Process Reengineering onCompetitive Advantageand Organizational Performance. Business Accounting Review, Vol. 1, No. 2, 2013.
â€¢ Jogiyanto.& Abdillah Willy. 2002. Concept andApplication of PLS forEmphirical Research. Yogyakarta BPFE Yogyakarta.
â€¢ Jogiyanto. 2011. Concept and Application of Variant Based Structural Equation Modeling inBusiness Research. Yogyakarta: UPP STIM YKPN.
â€¢ Kaplan, Robert S. & Norton, David P. 2000. Implementing Strategies into Actions, Balanced Scorecard. Jakarta: Penerbit Erlangga.
â€¢ Mulyadi. 2014. Integrated System of Balanced Scorecard Based Personnel Performance. UPP STIM YKPM.
â€¢ David. & Chang, Ruey-dang. 2005. The State of Business Process Reengineering; A Search for Success Factors. Total Quality Management, Vol 16, No. 1, 121-133.
â€¢ Sangadji, Etta Mamang & Sopiah. 2010. Research Method :Practical Approach inthe Research. Yogyakarta: Penerbit Andi.
â€¢ Wibowo. 2013. Performance Management. Jakarta: Rajawali Pers, Edisi Ketiga.
â€¢ Xiaoming, Cui. & Junchen.Hu. 2012. A Literature Review on Organization Culture and Corporate Performance. International Journal of Business Administration, Vol. 3, No. 2.
â€¢ Yamin, Sofyan. & Kurniawan, Heri. 2011. New Generation in Processing Research Data Using Partial Least Square Path Modeling. Jakarta: Penerbit Salemba Infotek.
â€¢ Yin, Guoli. 2010. BPR Application. Modern Applied Science Vol. 4, No. 4.
â€¢ Zehir, Cemal., Altindag, Erkut., & Gunsel, Ause. 2008. The Role of the performance measurement System on in Business Process Reengineering: An Empirical Study of Turkish Small and Medium Scaled manufacturing Firms.
â€¢ www.sekarindahwisata.com/2011/01/peluang-usaha-travel-agent-biro.html.16 July 2013
â€¢ Http://pariwisatadantehnologi.blogspot.com/2010/06/defenisi-tugasdanperubahan-biro.html. 16 July 2013
â€¢ Http://korelasi-pearson-product-moment.pdf. 2 January 2015
â€¢ Http://Digital-128308-T26591-analisis-kesiapan-metodologi.pdf. 10 January 2015
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.