Investigation on Nano Ceramic Coating over A105 Medium Carbon Steel for Valve Application
Keywords:Medium Carbon Steel, TiO2, Plasma Arc Spray, Wear, SEM.
Medium carbon steels are widely used in environments with high temperature and high pressure with chemically reactive environments due to their good corrosion properties.Â In applications like valves carrying high temperature and pressure fluids. Wear has been always regarded as costly problem to migrate in these applications. These problem avoids the long run of the components. Hard facing can be done as a remedial measure but it has got many demerits too. Ceramic coatings are preferred in this research since it provides good wear resistance and high thermal resistance. Nano coating of Titania is selected to coat over samples. Plasma arc spray coating process is done in this research and results were compared. SEM characterization confirm the uniform coating over the samples and Dry wear test is carried out to check the improved wear resistance.
Yong Yang.; You Wang.; Wei Tian.; Dian-ran Yan.; Jian-xin Zhang.; Liang Wang, â€œInfluence of composite powdersâ€™ microstructure on the microstructure and properties of Al2O3â€“TiO2 coatings fabricated by plasma sprayingâ€,Materials & Design, Vol. 65, pp.814-822, 2015.
Long He.; Yefa Tan.; Xiaolong Wang.; Ting Xu.; Xiang Hong,â€œMicrostructure and wear properties of Al2O3-CeO2/Ni-base alloy composite coatings on aluminum alloys by plasma sprayâ€,Applied Surface Science, Vol.314, pp.760-767, 2014.
Xu, J,L.; Z.C. Zhong, Z.C.; Huang, Z.X.; Luo, J.M, â€œCorrosion resistance of the titania particles enhanced acrylic resin composite coatings on sintered NdFeB permanent magnetsâ€, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol.570, pp.28-33, 2013.
Pablo Carpio.; Amparo Borrell.; MarÃa Dolores Salvador.; AndrÃ©s GÃ³mez.; Eduardo MartÃnez.;Enrique SÃ¡nchez,â€œMicrostructure and mechanical properties of plasma spraying coatings from YSZ feedstocks comprising nano- and submicron-sized particlesâ€,Ceramics International, Vol.41, no.3, pp.4108-4117, 2015.
Vicent, M.; Bannier, E.; Carpio, P.; RayÃ³n, E.; Benavente, R.; Salvador, M.D.; SÃ¡nchez, E, â€œEffect of the initial particle size distribution on the properties of suspension plasma sprayed Al2O3â€“TiO2 coatingsâ€,Surface and Coatings Technology, vol.268, pp.209-215, 2015.
Mirjam Lilja.; Umer Butt.; Zhijian Shen.; Dorota Bjoorn., â€œNucleation and growth of hydroxyapatite on arc-deposited TiO2surfaces studied by quartz crystal microbalance with dissipationâ€,Applied Surface Science, vol.284, pp.1-6, 2013.
Min Zhang , Lei Liu, Xiaoxu Yang, Feifei Xu, Chengsen Liu, Faquan Gong, Mengke Li, â€œInfluence of pulsed bias on TiO2 thin films prepared on silicon by arc ion plating: Experimental and simulation studyâ€, Surface and Coatings Technology, vol.229, pp.186-190, 2013.
Kevin A. McDonnell.; Niall J. English.;Charlie P. Stallard.; Mahfujur Rahman.; Denis P. Dowling,â€œFabrication of nano-structured TiO2 coatings using a micro blast deposition techniqueâ€,Applied Surface Science, vol.275, pp.316-323, 2013.
Lorena Lopez.; Walid A. Daoud.; Dushmanta Dutta.; Barbara C. Panther.;Terence W. Turney,â€œEffect of substrate on surface morphology and photocatalysis of large-scale TiO2 filmsâ€,Applied Surface Science, vol.265, pp.162-168, 2013.
Deli Duan.; Ziyang Hu.; Shengli Jiang.; Sihan Hou.;Shu Li,â€œCorrosive Wear Behaviors of Carbon Steels in Oil-Water Fluidâ€, Tribology Transactions, vol.57, no.2, 2014.
H.D. Steffens.; M. Wewel,â€œRecent Developments in Vacuum Arc Sprayingâ€,Materials and Manufacturing Processes, vol.7, no.4, 1992.
Sofiane Guessasma.; Ghislain Montavon.; Christian Coddet,â€œAnalysis of the Influence of Atmospheric Plasma spray (APS) Parameters on Adhesion Properties of Alumina-Titania Coatingsâ€, Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology, vol.18, no.4, 2004.
Kh. Isakaev, E.; Mordynskii, V. B.; Tyuftyaev, A. S.; Senchenko, V. N.; Chinnov, V. F.; Shcherbakov, V. V,â€œInvestigation of Heating and Acceleration of Particles in Plasma Sprayingâ€, Welding International, vol.27, no.4, 2013.
Haitao Zhao.; Jingjing Zhang.; Zehua Wang.; Pinghua Lin.; Zhiqiang Wang, â€œAdhesion and Residual Stress of Plasma Sprayed Aluminaâ€“Titania Coatingsâ€, Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology, vol.29, no.10, 2015.
Ganesh Balasubramanian.; Dionysios D. Dionysiou .; Makram T. Suidan,â€œStainless Steel: Titania Coatingsâ€, Dekker Encyclopedia of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Third Edition, 2014.
Ganesh Balasubramanian.; Dionysios D. Dionysiou.; Makram T. Suidan, â€œTitania Coatings on Stainless Steelâ€, Dekker Encyclopedia of Nano science and Nanotechnology, Second Edition, 2009.
Shanmugavelayutham, G.; Selvarajan, V.; Yugeswaran, S.; Vijay, M.; Suresh, K.; Vijeyakumar, S. Markkandan, L.; Padmanabhan, P. V. A,â€œPerformance Study of Wear Resistance and Solid Lubricant Surface Coatings on Textile Machinery Componentsâ€, International Conference on Plasma Processing of Organic Materials and Polymers, vol.19, pp.3-4, 2012.
Chienchih Chen.; Hsunling Bai.; HungMin Chein.; Tzu Ming Chen,â€œContinuous Generation of TiO 2 Nanoparticles by an Atmospheric Pressure Plasma-Enhanced Processâ€, Aerosol Science and Technology, vol.41, pp.11, 2007.
Parralejo, A.D,â€œInï¬‚uence of the Experimental Parameters on the Synthesis Process of Yttria-Doped Zirconia Solâ€“gel ï¬lmsâ€, Surface & Coatings Technology, vol.204, pp.257-2261, 2010.
E Nouri, E,â€œA comparative Study of Heat Treatment Temperature Inï¬‚uence on the Thickness of Zirconia Solâ€“gel Thin Films by Three Different Techniques: SWE, SEM and AFMâ€,Surface & Coatings Technology, vol.206, pp.3809-3815, 2012.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.