The Influence of Clamshell on Mechanical Properties of Non-Structure Concrete as Artificial Reef
Keywords:non-structure concrete, artificial reefs, clamshell waste, mechanical properties
Clamshell waste had higher chemical content of Calcium Carbonate (CaCO3) than the limestone, egg shells, ceramic, or other materials. These physical properties gave the potential for material substitution as coarse aggregate in concrete artificial reefs. In addition, the utilization of leather waste in concrete structures could function as taxis for fish in the vicinity. This study utilized two types of coarse aggregate (filler) which were crushed stone and/or clamshell waste of the blood clamshells and kurkur clamshells. The test was to identify the mechanical properties of concrete artificial reef namely: Hammer test (ASTM C805), abrasion test (ASTM C779), the pressure test (SNI 03-1974-1990), split tensile test (ASTM C496 / C496M-11), Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity (UPV) test (ASTM C597-16), Porosity test (C642-13), permeability test (SN 505 252/1). The Concrete mixing is conducted according to SNI 03-2834-2000 standard and quality standard of solid concrete brick (SNI 03-0349-1989). Before the test, the concrete soaked in fresh water and sea water and left in the open air until 28 days. The results showed that the use of clamshell waste as filler had potential as a concrete compressive strength of non-structure approaches to the quality of solid concrete brick, as artificial reef material..
R. Bayuaji, "Studi Literatur dan Prospek Penelitian Beton Porus Sebagai Material Struktur dan Bahan Bangunan " presented at the Seminar Nasional Aplikasi Teknologi Prasarana Wilayah 2011, Prodi Diploma Teknik Sipil FTSP ITS, 2011.
M. Nuruddin, R. Bayuaji, M. Masilamani, and T. Biyanto, "Sidoarjo mud: A potential cement replacement material," Civil Engineering Dimension, vol. 12, pp. 18-22, 2010.
R. Bayuaji, M. Sigit Darmawan, B. Wibowo, N. Ahmad Husin, S. Subekti, and J. J. Ekaputri, "The Influence of Chloride Environment on Compressive Strength of Geopolymer Concrete with Fly Ash Using Taguchi Approach," in Applied Mechanics and Materials, 2015, pp. 400-405.
W. Supriadi, R. Bayuaji, R. Burhan, and H. Fansuri, "The Effect of Pb 2+ and Cd 2+ Addition to Mechanical Properties of Fly Ash Geopolymer Paste," in Materials Science Forum, 2016.
H. Fansuri, A. Fatmawati, W. P. Utomo, W. Supriadi, and R. Bayuaji, "Cd 2+ and Cr 3+ Cation Immobilization by Using Geopolymer Based on PT. IPMOMI Fly Ash," in Materials Science Forum, 2016.
R. Bayuaji, M. S. Darmawan, I. PUDJI, and N. A. HUSIN, "Characterization of Pozzolanicity Bromoâ€˜s Volcanic Ash," in International Seminar on Applied Technology, Science, and Arts (3rd APTECS), Surabaya, 2011.
R. Bayuaji, S. Darmawan, N. A. Husin, B. Wibowo, S. Subekti, J. J. Ekaputri, et al., "The Effect of High Temperature on Compression Strength of Geopolymer Paste," in MATEC Web of Conferences, 2017, p. 01020.
R. Bayuaji, S. Darmawan, N. A. Husin, B. Wibowo, S. Subekti, M. M. A. B. Abdullah, et al., "The Effect of Corrosive Environment on Geopolymer Concrete Tensile Strength," in MATEC Web of Conferences, 2017, p. 01036.
R. Bayuaji, M. S. Darmawan, B. Wibowo, N. Husin, and S. Subekti, "Utilization of High Calcium Content Fly Ash: Flexural Strength of Geopolymer Concrete Beams in Sea Water Environment," The Open Civil Engineering Journal, vol. 10, 2016.
R. Bayuaji, R. Kurniawan, A. Yasin, H. A. Fatoni, and F. Lutfi, "The effect of fly ash and coconut fibre ash as cement replacement materials on cement paste strength," in IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 2016, p. 012014.
M. S. Darmawan, R. Bayuaji, B. Wibowo, N. A. Husin, and S. Subekti, "The Effect of Chloride Environment on Mechanical Properties Geopolymer Binder with Fly Ash," in Key Engineering Materials, 2014, pp. 648-655.
S. Madival, R. Auras, S. P. Singh, and R. Narayan, "Assessment of the environmental profile of PLA, PET and PS clamshell containers using LCA methodology," Journal of Cleaner Production, vol. 17, pp. 1183-1194, 2009.
J. F. Tavolaro, "A sediment budget study of clamshell dredging and ocean disposal activities in the New York bight," Environmental geology and water sciences, vol. 6, pp. 133-140, 1984.
N. Asikin-Mijan, Y. Taufiq-Yap, and H. Lee, "Synthesis of clamshell derived Ca (OH) 2 nano-particles via simple surfactant-hydration treatment," Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 262, pp. 1043-1051, 2015.
P. Nair, B. Singh, S. Upadhyay, and Y. Sharma, "Synthesis of biodiesel from low FFA waste frying oil using calcium oxide derived from Mereterix mereterix as a heterogeneous catalyst," Journal of Cleaner Production, vol. 29, pp. 82-90, 2012.
A. Miranda-Baeza, D. Voltolina, and B. Cordero-Esquivel, "Filtration and clearance rates of Anadara grandis juveniles (Pelecypoda, Arcidae) with different temperatures and suspended matter concentrations," Revista de biologÃa tropical, vol. 54, pp. 787-792, 2006.
S. M. Siregar, "Pemanfaatan kulit kerang dan resin epoksi terhadap karakteristik beton polimer," Medan: Tesis USU, 2009.
N. A. Syafpoetri, M. Olivia, and L. Darmayanti, "Pemanfaatan Abu Kulit Kerang (Anadara grandis) Untuk Pembuatan Ekosemen," Penelitian Jurusan Teknik Sipil, FT Universitas Riau, Riau.< URL: http://repository. unri. ac. id/bitstream/123456789/2014/1/Nelvia% 20Adi% 20Syafpoetr i% 200807135289. pdf, 2013.
R. N. Nana Dyah Siswati, Riant Anggraini, "Pembuatan Ekosemen Dari Sampah Organik," Jurnal Teknik Kimia . vol. Vol.3 No.2, 2009.
N. Susanti, "Pembuatan Ekosemen Dari Abu Sampah Dan Uji Aplikasinya Untuk Panel Beton," 2009.
E. W. Kusuma, "Pemanfaatan Limbah Kulit Kerang Sebagai Bahan Campuran Pembuatan Paving Block," Teknik Lingkungan, Fakultas Teknis Sipil dan Perencanaan, Universitas Pembangunan Nasional Veteran Jatim Surabaya, 2012.
DKP, Pedoman pengelolaan terumbu buatan dan transplantasi karang: Jakarta : Direktorat Jenderal Kelautan, Pesisir dan Pulau-pulau Kecil, Departemen Kelautan dan Perikanan Republik Indonesia, 2005.
S. SNI, "SNI 03-1974-1990," Metode pengujian kuat tekan beton, 2013.
ASTM-C805/C805M-13a, "Standard Test Method for Rebound Number of Hardened Concrete," ed. West Conshohocken: ASTM International, 2013.
DPU, "Tata Cara Pembuatan Rencana Campuran Beton Normal dengan Standar SK SNI 03-2834-2000," Badan Standarisasi Nasional, 2000.
P. Departemen, "SNI 03-0349-1989 Bata Beton untuk Pasangan Dinding," Balitbang, Jakarta, 1989.
M. Nakamura, "Evolution of artificial fishing reef concepts in Japan," Bulletin of Marine Science, vol. 37, pp. 271-278, 1985.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.