Development of Teaching Materials for the Pre-Reading and Writing Based on a Contextual Approach in Elementary Schools
Keywords:Development of Teaching Materials, Introductory Reading and Writing, Contextual
This study was a development research with a Four-D development design from Thiagarajan. This study was conducted in two schools in Sinjai Regency, namely SDN 102 and MIN 2 Sinjai. There were two results in this study. The first was prototype development of teaching materials for teaching reading and writing based on a contextual approach in SD/MI uses the Four-D teaching material development procedure from Thiagarajan. The procedures consisted of four stages namely definition, design, development, and dissemination stage. The second result showed that teaching materials for beginning reading and writing based on a contextual approach in Class 2 were declared valid. Teaching materials for teaching reading and writing based on the contextual approach in SD/MI are categorized as valid because in the learning process the validity criteria have been met, namely the average value of expert validation results was categorized as valid.
Teaching materials for teaching reading and writing based on a contextual approach in SD/MI were categorized as effective because there was an increase in learning outcomes after the development of teaching materials for beginning reading and writing were from low category to good category. The students’ responses in teaching reading and writing met the effectiveness criteria.
Based on the data from the responses of teacher 1 and teacher 2, both of them gave positive responses. The observation sheet was in the good category, implemented completely, and the management of teaching materials for developing teaching reading and writing learning based on the contextual approach was in the very good category. Thus, it showed that the teacher's response, observation sheets, and learning management sheets for teaching materials for teaching reading and writing learning based on the contextual approach were in the practical category.
. Akhadiah, Sabarti. dkk. 1992. Pembinaan Kemampuan Menulis Bahasa Indonesia. Jakarta: Erlangga.
. Depdiknas. 2004. Pedoman Umum Pemilihan dan Pemanfaatan Bahan Ajar. Jakarta: Ditjen Dikdasmenum.
. Depdiknas. 2009. Panduan untuk Guru Membaca dan Menulis Permulaan untuk SD Kelas I, 2, dan 3. Jakarta: Direktur Pembinaan Taman Kanak-Kanak dan SD.
. Hidayat. 2015. www. Pelajaran bahasa indonesia.com/2015/05/27/ kriteria-pemilihan-bahan-ajar/. Didownload 20 April 2017.
. Johnson, Elaine B. 2014. Contextual Teaching Learning Menjadikan Kegiatan Belajar-Mengajar Mengasyikkan dan Bermakna. Bandung: Kaifa.
. Kemendikbud. 2012. Pembelajaran Membaca dan Menulis Permulaan di Kelas Rendah. Modul Bahasa Indonesia 5. Jakarta: BPSDMK dan PMP.
. Lestari, Ika. 2013. Pengembangan Bahan Ajar Berbasis Kompetensi. Padang: Akademia.
. Mulyati, Yeti, dkk. 2008. Keterampilan Bahasa Indonesia SD. Jakarta: Universitas Terbuka.
. Mulyati, Yeti. 2010. Modul Pembelajaran Membaca Menulis Permulaan. Bandung: UPI.
. Nurhadi. 2002. Makalah Pendekatan Pembelajaran Kontekstual (Landasan Filosofis dan Aplikasinya). Diakses Tanggal 15 Juni 2017.
. Prastowo, Andi. 2012. Panduan Kreatif Membuat Bahan Ajar Inovatif. Jogjakarta: Diva Press.
. Priyatni, Endah Tri. 2011. “Pengembangan Bahan Ajar Membaca Kritis Berbasis Intervensi Responsif dengan Multimedia”. Disertasi, Malang: Universitas Negeri Malang.
. Slamet, St. Y. 2007. Dasar-Dasar Pembelajaran Bahasa dan Sastra Indonesia di Sekolah Dasar. Surakarta: LPP UNS dan UPT.
. Sugiono. 2012. Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif, Kualitatif, dan R & D. Bandung: Alfabet.
. Supriono. Widodo. 2008. Psikologi Belajar. Jakarta. Rineka Cipta.
. Trianto. 2011. Mendesaian Model Pembelajaran Inovatif Progresif. Bandung: Kencana.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Andi Aisyah, Ansari, Suradi Tahmir, Mayong Manan
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.