Empowering Farmers Community: Science And Technology (IbW) for The Region in District Suppa Pinrang South Sulawesi, Indonesia
Keywords:IbW, District Suppa, Community Empowerment, and Farmers
Science and technology for the Region (IbW) in District of Suppa Pinrang aims to: a) gaining their knowledge and skills in improving agricultural and post-harvest processing of the agricultural products; b) implementation of government programs that "picking, process and sale ", and c) find solution to the problems faced by the district government or community and directly affect people's quality of lives. The problems are: a) low level of social welfare in the IbW region especially farmers community, b) the government has not implemented the program "picking, process and sale ", and c) lack of knowledge and skills in the post-harvest processing of agricultural products. The method used is â€œdemplotâ€ done through education, training, mentoring, and service to the farmer community. Education and training are carried out to the group consist 15 persons for 5 days and mentoring regularly every month for 10 months (March-December 2012). The Outputs are: 1) improved skills and changed insight in farming that other crops process can be done as well, and 2) other agricultural products such as: rice flour and â€œbaruasaâ€ traditional cakes.
Bureau of Statistics, 2010. Pinrang in Figures. Not published.
Direktorat Research and Community Service, the Directorate General of Higher Education, 2011. Free Community Service.
Government Pinrang, 2009. Medium Term Development Plan 2009 - 2014. Not published.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.