Effects of Chloride Bath Concentration on Structural and Magnetic Properties of Electroplated NiFeCr Thin Films
Keywords:NiFeCr films, Chloride bath, Microstructure, Coercivity, Saturationmagnetization and Adhesion.
Electrodeposition of NiFeCr thin ï¬lms have been successfully carried out from chloride bath at a constant current density (1 A/dm2) by varying the chloride bath concentration (0.1, 0.2, 0.3 and 0.4mol/lit). The surface morphology, microstructure and magnetic properties such as coercivity, saturation magnetization were investigated for electroplated NiFeCr thin ï¬lms. The SEM micrographs of the electrodeposited ï¬lms from the chloride bath concentration of 0.4 mol/lit have no micro cracks and also the ï¬lms have more uniform surface morphology as compared with the film coated from lower concentration. The predominant peaks in X-ray diffraction pattern reveal the crystalline nature of the ï¬lm and found to have BCC structure. From the VSM results of the electrodeposited NiFeCr thin ï¬lms, the various magnetic analysis such as coercivity, saturation magnetization were calculated. The hardness and adhesion of the electroplated ï¬lms with substrate were also investigated. Reasons for variation in magnetic properties and structural characteristics were discussed.
. Daheum Kim., Park, D.Y., Yoo, B.Y., Sumodjo, P.T.A. and Myung N.V. â€œMagnetic properties of nanocrystalline iron group thin ï¬lm alloys electrodeposited from sulfate and chloride bathsâ€, ElectrochimicaActa., Vol. 48, pp.819â€“830, 2003.
. Bonkeup Koo, BongyoungYoo. Surf Coat Tech. 205, 740 (2010).
. B.Y.Yoo, S.C. Hernandez, D.Y. Park, N.V.Myung. Electrochim.Acta. 51, 6346 (2006).
. Esther, P., Joseph Kennady, C., Saravanan, P. and Venkatachalam, T. â€œStructural and magnetic properties of electrodeposited ni-fe-w thin filmsâ€, J. Non Oxide Glas., Vol.1, No. 3, pp.301, 2009.
. R.Kanagaraj, R. Kannan, S. Ganesan, and P.Esther, â€œEffect of bath temperature onstructural and magneticproperties ofelectrodeposited NiFeCr thin films,â€Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, vol. 17, pp. 139 â€“ 144, 2015
. Kannan, R., Ganesan, S., Balasubramanian, V. and Rajeswari, M. â€œDiammonium citrate concentration on structural and magnetic properties of nano structured NiFeWS alloy thin filmsâ€, Advanced Science Focus, Vol. 1, No. 1, doi:10.1166/asfo.2013.1026, pp.1- 7, 2013.
. M. RAJESWARI, S. GANESAN, T. M. SELVAKUMARI, R. KANNAN , â€œCharacterization of electrodeposited nanocrystalline Ni-Mn thin films for MEMS applicationsâ€, Vol. 16, No. 5-6, May - June 2014, p. 640 â€“ 644.
. Kannan, R,Kanagaraj, R &Ganesan, S 2013 â€˜Influence of Tri Sodium Citrate Bath Concentration on the Electrodeposition of NiFeWS Thin Filmsâ€™, Journal of Ovonic Research, vol.9, no.2, pp.45-54, March - April 2013.
. T.M.Selvakumari, P.Muthukumar, S.Ganesan. Dig J Nanomater Bios. 5,(4), 903- (2010).
. Ohgai, T., Tanaka, Y. and Fujimaru, T. â€œSoft magnetic properties of Niâ€“Cr and Coâ€“Cr alloy thin ï¬lms electrodeposited from aqueous solutions containing trivalent chromium ions and glycineâ€, J ApplElectrochem., Vol.42, pp. 893â€“899, 2012.
. Kannan, R., Ganesan, S. and Selvakumari, T.M. â€œSynthesis and characterization of nano crystalline NiFeWS thin films in diammonium citrate bathâ€, Digest journal of nanomaterials and biostructures, Vol.7, No.3, pp.1039 -1050, 2012.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.