Determination of the Maximum Efficiency of Concentrated Solar Power (Parabolic Trough and Central Tower) using A Genetic Algorithm
AbstractThe ambient conditions are ones of the most important factors because it affects the energy load of Concentrated Solar Power (CSP). The installation of concentrated solar plants is one of future sources to generate electricity without emitting pollutants .The solar plants used in these systems have demonstrated enormous efficiencies and advantages. This paper evaluates the effects of ambient conditions on the system efficiency of CSP plants of two types of CSP systems: parabolic trough and central tower technologies. Several researches have discussed the maximum efficiency of these technologies, but only a few experiences have succeeded to right weather conditions to get these results. Using the method of genetic algorithm, the results show that for an ambient temperature of 25 Â° C, wind speed of 5 m/s and direct irradiation of 868 W / m2 for parabolic trough so as to have an efficiency of 23.06% and 24.25% for central tower in direct irradiation of 879 W/m2.
Mohamed Oukili, Smail Zouggar, Mohammed Seddik, FranÃ§ois VallÃ©e,Mohamed El hafyani, Taoufik Ouchbel, â€œEvaluation of the Moroccan Power Grid Adequacy with Introduction of Concentrating Solar Power (CSP) Using Solar Tower and Parabolic Trough Mirrors Technologyâ€, Energy Procedia,vol. 42 , pp. 113 â€“ 122,2013.
H.L. Zhang, J.Baeyens, J.DegrÃ©ve, G.CacÃ©res, â€œConcentrated solar power plants: Review and design methodologyâ€,Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 22, pp. 466â€“481,2013.
Kaushal Chhatbar, Richard Meyer, â€œTHE INFLUENCE OF METEOROLOGICAL PARAMETERS ON THE ENERGY YIELD OF SOLAR THERMAL POWER PLANTSâ€, Epic awi de, pp. 1-8.
C. Butler, R. Grimes, â€œThe effect of wind on the optimal design and performance of a modular air-cooled condenser for a concentrated solar power plantâ€, Energy,vol. 86, pp. 886-895,2014.
Taide Tan, Yitung Chen, Zhuoqi Chen, Nathan Siegel, Gregory J. Kolb, â€œWind effect on the performance of solid particle solar receivers with and without the protection of an aero windowâ€, Solar Energy, vol. 83, pp. 1815â€“1827,2009.
Chao Li, Ming Zhang, Lei Miao, Jianhua Zhou , Yi Pu Kang, C.A.J. Fisher, Kaoru Ohno, Yang Shen f,Hong Lin, â€œEffects of environmental factors on the conversion efficiency of solar thermoelectric co-generators comprising parabola trough collectors and thermoelectric modules without evacuated tubular collector â€œ,Energy Conversion and Management,vol. 86, pp. 944â€“951,2014.
Marc T. Dunham, Brian D. Iverson, â€œHigh-efficiency thermodynamic power cycles for concentrated solar power systemsâ€, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 30, pp. 758â€“770, 2014.
Xin-She Yang, Genetic Algorithms. Nature-Inspired Optimization Algorithms, Chapter 5, 2014.
Mitchell Melanie, An Introduction to Genetic Algorithms, The MIT Press Cambridge, England, 1999.
Omar Behar, Abdallah Khellaf, Kamal Mohammedi, â€œA review of studies on central receiver solar thermal power plantsâ€, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 23, pp. 12-39,2013.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.