The Dynamic of the Role of Volunteer as a Political Communicator: A Descriptive Study on Volunteerâ€™s Agus-Sylvi at the Election of the Jakarta Governor 2017
Keywords:Volunteer, Political Communication, Governor Election, Jakarta
The dynamic of democracy has been widely open in Indonesia after the reformation was launched in 1998. Nowadays, Indonesian are already politically literate and become political subjects. Based on these conditions, the researcher is interested in conducting research related to the dynamics of the role of volunteer as political communicator in the election of Jakarta governor in 2017. The purpose of this research is to know how the communication dynamics of the volunteers in raising public support in the governor election of Jakarta 2017 using descriptive qualitative as the research method. The results show that the political communication strategy applied by the volunteers of Agus-Sylvi is to prioritize approaches such as: a) Creating togetherness b) making consensus with the community, and c) highlighting the character of SBY as part of strengthening the character of Agus. The message of political communication Agus-Sylvi volunteers areÂ vision mission and work programs that are delivered and packaged in a rational and emotional message. Political messages are delivered by volunteers through various meetings and dialogues, community service, social service, and casual conversation. Communication media used include conventional communication media such as banners, calendars, t-shirts. Then, digital media such as WhatsApp, website and application MataHati. Volunteer communication patterns used are internal coordination activity of volunteer and candidate (implementing vertical and horizontal communication pattern), and activity of message transfer from volunteer to society (implementing formal and informal communication pattern).
â€¢ Aladdin, Alfrin Yuri. Dinamika Peran Perempuan Dalam Pendidikan Politik Keluarga Bagi Pemilih Pemula Untuk Berpartisipasi Pada Pemilu 2009 Di Jakarta Barat. Jurnal Visi Komunikasi/Volume XII, No. 02, November 2013.
â€¢ Anshari, Faridhian. Komunikasi Politik di Era Media Sosial. Jurnal komunikasi, ISSN 1907-898X Volume 8, Nomor 1, Oktober 2013.
â€¢ Anwar Arifin. 2011. Komunikasi Politik: Filsafat-Paradigma-Teori-Tujuan-Strategi-dan Komunikasi Politik Indonesia. Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu
â€¢ Budiyono. Media Sosial dan Komunikasi Politik: Media Sosial sebagai Komunikasi Politik Menjelang PILKADA DKI JAKARTA 2017. Jurnal Komunikasi P-ISSN: 1907-898X, E-ISSN: 2548-7647 Volume 11, Nomor 1, Oktober 2016
â€¢ Basrowi. 2008. Memahami Penelitian Kualitatif. Jakarta: PT. Rineka Cipta.
â€¢ Carundeng R. Kenny, Paputungan, Ridwan, dan Tangkudung J.P.M. Pola Komunikasi Politik Anggota DPRD Kota Kotamobagu. e-journal â€œActa Diurnaâ€ Volume V. No.2. Tahun 2016.
â€¢ Dahrendorf R (2003). The Challenge for Democracy. Journal of Democracy. 14 (4).
â€¢ EACEA (Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency) (2012). Political participation and EU citizenship: Perceptions and behaviors of young people. Evidence from Eurobarometer surveys. European Commission.
â€¢ Halimah, Nur Siti & Widuri, Listyanti Erlina .Vicarious Trauma Pada Relawan Bencana Alam. Humanitas, Vol. IX No.1 Januari 2012.
â€¢ Haste, H. & Hogan, A. (2006). Beyond conventional civic participation, beyond the moralpolitical divide: Young people and contemporary debates about citizenship. Journal of Moral Education, 35(4), 473-493.
â€¢ Huntington, S. P. & Nelson, J. M. (1976) No Easy Choice: Political Participation in Developing Countries. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press
â€¢ Fadillah, O. D., Farihanto, M. A. M. N., & Dahlan, U. A. (2017). KOMUNIKASI POLITIK ANTAR KOALISI PARLEMEN DI DPR RI B . Komunikasi Politik, 111â€“119.
â€¢ Fuad, Muhammad Z. Peran Pemuda Relawan Demokrasi Dalam Meningkatkan Partisipasi Politik Masyarakat Pada Pemilihan Umum Legislatif Tahun 2014 Dan Implikasinya Terhadap Ketahanan Politik Wilayah (Studi Pada Relawan Demokrasi Banyumas, Jawa Tengah). Jurnal Ketahanan Nasional, XXI (1), April 2015: 23-33.
â€¢ Jailani. Sistem Demokrasi Di Indonesia Ditinjau Dari Sudut Hukum Ketatanegaraan. Jurnal Inovatif, Volume VIII Nomor I Januari 2015.
â€¢ Kusmanto, Heri. Partisipasi Masyarakat dalam Demokasi Politik. Jurnal Ilmu Pemerintahan dan Sosial Politik UMA 2 (1) (2014): 78-90
â€¢ Rabiah, Sitti. Ragam Bahasa Indonesia Dalam Komunikasi Politik. The POLITICS: Jurnal Magister Ilmu Politik Universitas Hasanuddin. Vol. 2 No. 1, Jan 2016 | P-ISSN: 2407-9138.
â€¢ Verba, S., Schlozman, K. L., & Brady, H. (1995) Voice and Equality: Civic Voluntarism in American Politics. Cambridge, Mass.: Cambridge University Press.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.