The Relationship between Professional Competence and Work Motivation with the Elementary School Teacher Performance
Keywords:professional competence, motivation, and teacher performance
This study aims to (1) to analyze the relationship between the professional competence of teachers with teacher performance, (2) to analyze the relationship between work motivation of teachers with teacher performance, and (3) Analyzing the relationship between professional competence of teachers and motivation of teachers together with teacher performance. This research uses the census method. The population of this study is any teacher who residing in the sub-districts Kepenuhan of Rokan Hulu districts. respondents are 71 people. data collection was conducted from November 2013 to February 2014. Analysis of the data in this study include (1) a descriptive analysis; frequency distribution, Explanatory Research to test the hypothesized relationship between variables, and (2) the inferential analysis: stepwise multiple regression. Results showed (1) there is a significant positive relationship between the professional competence with of the teacher's performance,(2) there is a significant positive relationship between motivation with performance of teachers, (3) there is a significant positive relationship between professional competence of teachers and work motivation of teachers together with teachers' performance.
Carudin. , 2011. Influence of Principal Leadership and School Climate Working on Teacher Performance. [Journal] INVOTEC, Vol. 7, No.. 2, August 2011
Karweti E. 2010. Influence managerial ability of principals and factors affecting the motivation work on the performance of special-ed teacher in the district Subang. [Journal] Educational Research. Vol. 11 No. 2 oktober 2010.
Kerlinger FN. , 1990. Principles of Behavioral Research. Yogyakarta: Gadjah Mada University Press.
Law of the Republic of Indonesia Number 14 Year 2005 on Teachers and Lecturers.
Ministry of National Education. , 2008. Big Indonesian Dictionary. Jakarta: Centre for Languages.
Mulyanto AS, 2009. Relationship between professional competence and self-concept of teachers with Teacher Performance Class V Elementary School in sub district Grorol distrik Sukoharjo Year 2008/2009. [Thesis] State University of March
Rabiyah, Sindju HB, Shukri M. 2013. Relations Principal Leadership and Organizational Climate with junior high teacher performance. [Journal] Education and Learning. Vol.2 no.3 March 2013
Rahardja AT.2004. Relations Between Communication between Personal and Work Motivation Master Teacher with Teacher Performance SMUK BPK PENABUR Jakarta. [Journal] Education of Sower . Vol. 3 No.03 December 2004
Satriya AI. , 2011. Teachers and Utilization of Computers in the Classroom. [Internet]. [downloaded 18 April 2014]. available at: http://edukasi.kompasiana.com/2011/09/29/guru-dan-pemanfaatan-komputer-di-kelas-399494.html.
Sejati P. 2012. Relationships Work Motivation With Work Performance Teachers And Employees in SMK Muhammadiyah 1 Sleman. [Thesis], University of Yogyakarta.
Setyono H, Sudjadi A. 2011. Influence of Teacher Competency, Incentives and Work Environment Physical against the Teacher Performance Patimuan SMA Negeri 1 district Cilacap. [Journal] SAINTEKS Vol. 7 No. 2. 2011
Udiyono.2011. Influence of Professional Competence And Participation in Scientific Forum As well as profession development Against Teacher Performance. [Journal] Magistra, Vol. 23 No. 76 June 2011.
Wahyudi. , 2010. Standards of Professional Competence teacher. [Journal] Education of Sociology and Humanities Vol. 1 No. 2. October, 2010.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.