Online Learning Strategies to Reduce Online Gaming: Case Studies in Sidoarjo, East Java, Indonesia
Keywords:Online Game, parent-school collaboration, personal touch, the Covid-19 pandemic.
This article describes a strategy adopted by elementary and high schools during the COVID 19 pandemic that aims to keep students studying at home and fill their time with assignments to reduce playing online games. This strategy involves assigning teachers to students in collaboration with students' parents, as well as using a personal touch approach. Media used in online learning include Video Calls from WhatsApp, Google Classroom and the Zoom application.
Siste, K. (2020). Jumlah Pecandu Game Online di Indonesia Diduga Tertinggi di Asia. Accessed from https://fk.ui.ac.id/infosehat/jumlah-pecandu-game-online-di-indonesia-diduga-tertinggi-di-asia/ , Jakarta, Indonesia
E. Theresia, O.R. Stiawati.O.R, N.P. (2019) Sedyatyani. Hubungan Kecanduan Bermain Game Onlie dengan Motivasi Belajar Pada Siswa SMP di Kota Bandar Lampung Tahun 2019//Psyce: Jurnal Psikologi No.1(2). https://doi.org/10.36269/psyche.v1i2.103, Jakarta, Indonesia, 96-105
E. Adams. Fundamental of Game Design (2nd ed). (2013). New RidersPublishing. New York, USA
Rossoniello, O’Brien & Park. Russoniello, M. (2009). The effectiveness of casual
video games in improving mood and decreasing stress. Journal of Cyber Therapy & Rehabilitation. No 2(1). Italia, 53-66.
E. Novriyandi. Online Game Addiction in Adolescents: Impacts and its Prevention. (2019). Buletin PsikologiNo.27 (2) 148-158., Jakarta, Indonesia http://doi.org/10.22146/buletinpsikologi.47402
R. Panuju. PERILAKU MENGAKSES INTERNET DI WARUNG KOPI (BEHAVIOR ACCESS INTERNET IN COFFEE SHOP). (2017). Jurnal Sosioteknologi.No.16(3).Bandung, Indonesia 259-264. http://dx.doi.org/10.5614%2Fsostek.itbj.2017.16.3.4
R. Panuju. Communication note on Journal of Drug and Alcohol Research.( 2020). No.9 (1). Polandia. 1-2. https://doi.org/10.4303/jdar/e236090
M. Ishak, Syafaruddin, M.Sit. PELAKSANAAN PROGRAM TILAWAH ALQURAN DALAM MENINGKATKAN KEMAMPUAN MEMBACA ALQUR’AN SISWA DI MAS AL MA’SUM STABAT. (2017). Edu-Relegia. . No. 1 (4). Indonesia. 602-619. http://jurnal.uinsu.ac.id/index.php/eduriligia/article/view/1166
D. Indriani & A.I. Warnilah. SISTEM INFORMASI HAFALAN TERBAIK DALAM MUNAQOSAH TAHFIZHUL QUR’AN MENGGUNAKAN METODE AHP. (2019) Evolusi. No. 7(1). Indonesia 1-11. https://doi.org/10.31294/evolusi.v7i1.5454
A. Akhbar & S.K. Riau. METODE TAHFIDZ AL-QUR’AN DI PONDOK PESANTREN KABUPATEN KAMPAR. (2016) Jurnal Usuluddin. No.24 (1), Indonesia. 91-106. http://dx.doi.org/10.24014/jush.v24i1.1517
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020 Redi Panuju
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.