Study on Inventory Management Optimization of Small and Medium-sized Retail Companies in the Context of New Retail
Keywords:Inventory management, New Retail, AHP, inventory optimization
The emergence of "New Retail" produces a great impact on the inventory management of retail companies. Using ASY company as the study object, this paper calculates weights of factors affecting inventory management with the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) method to obtain the weight data of each factor before and after the New Retail appears. On this basis, it analyzes how New Retail affects the inventory management of ASY company. Besides, it offers optimization strategies and effect feedback indicators for the following problems faced by this company: pay less attention to delivery method and management system; poor incentive polices for employees; lay less stress on FMCG; too many goods are distributed by manufacturers; heavy workload; increased impact generated by fund restrictions; little knowledge about New Retail; make little efforts to improve employees' learning and innovation ability.
Jiang Feng. Problems and Countermeasures in Inventory Management of Small and Medium-sized Private Enterprises [J]. China Collective Economy, 2019(11):44-45.
Yu Ping. Discussion on the Problems and Countermeasures in Inventory Management of SMEs [J/OL]. China Journal of Commerce, 2019(08):96-97[2019-05-20]. https://doi.org/10.19699/j.cnki.issn2096-0298.2019.08.096.
Tong Yingcong. Analysis of Problems and Countermeasures in Inventory Management of SMEs [J]. Modern Economic Information, 2017(02):87.
Du Tong. Analysis on Improvement of Enterprise Management via ERP Procurement and Inventory Management [J]. China Management Informationization, 2018, 21(20):46-47.
Zhou Zhihui. Research on Existing Problems and Countermeasures in Inventory Management of SMEs [J]. Taxation, 2019, 13(06):193-195.
Braulio Brunaud,José M. Laínez‐Aguirre,Jose M. Pinto,Ignacio E. Grossmann. Inventory policies and safety stock optimization for supply chain planning[J]. AIChE Journal,2019,65(1).
S. Rahimi-Ghahroodi,A. Al Hanbali,I.M.H. Vliegen,M.A. Cohen. Joint optimization of spare parts inventory and service engineers staffing with full backlogging[J]. International Journal of Production Economics,2019,212.
Zahra Azadi,Sandra D. Eksioglu,Burak Eksioglu,Gokce Palak. Stochastic optimization models for joint pricing and inventory replenishment of perishable products[J]. Computers & Industrial Engineering,2018.
Li Ling. Research on Application of Analytic Hierarchy Process in Management of Enterprise Weight [J]. China Market, 2019(06):80-81.
Luo Xue, Tan Li. Application of Analytic Hierarchy Process in Standards for Enterprise Quality and Credit Rating [J]. China Standards Review, 2017(06):66-74.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Asian Journal of Business and Management
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under aÂ Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.