Modern Trends in the Development of Reusable Aerospace System
Keywords:space transportation system, reusable space vehicles, computational aerothermodynamic, hypersonic technology, rarefied gas dynamics, DSMC, engineering methods, transitional regime
The purpose of this work is to analysis the history and future development of hypersonic vehicles all over the world and to determine the aerodynamic and aerothermodynamic characteristics of prospective hypersonic vehicles by using engineering methods at all range of flow regimes (free-molecular, transitional and continuum regimes). In this paper present the calculation results of aerodynamic and aerothermodynamic characteristics of prospective hypersonic vehicle.
Yu. I. Khlopkov, S. L. Chernyshev, Zay Yar Myo Myint, A. Yu. Khlopkov, â€œIntroduction to Specialty II. High-speed Aircraftsâ€, Moscow, MIPT, 2013. (in Russian)
N. M. Kogan, â€œRarefied Gas Dynamicâ€, New York, Plenum, 1969.
O. M. Belotserkovskii, Yu. I. Khlopkov, â€œMonte Carlo Methods in Mechanics of Fluid and Gasâ€, World Scientific Publishing Co. N-Y, London, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, 2010.
V. N. Gusev, â€œ High-altitude aerothermodynamicsâ€, Journal of Fluid Dynamics, Springer, vol. 28, Issue 2, pp. 269-276, 1993.
R. D. Neumann, â€œMissions and requirements. Special Course Aerothermodynamics of Hypersonic Vehiclesâ€, AGARD Report 761, Neuilly sur Seine, France, 1988.
E. H. Hirschel, â€œBasics of Aerothermodynamicsâ€, Progress in Astronautics and Aeronautics, AIAA, Springer-Verlag, Berlin/Heidelberg/New York, 2005.
G. A. Bird, â€œMolecular Gas Dynamics and the Direct Simulation of Gas Flowsâ€, Oxford University Press, 1994.
V. Kotov, E. Lychkin, A. Reshetin, A. Shelkonogov, â€œAn Approximate Method of Aerodynamics Calculation of Complex Shape Bodies in a Transition Regionâ€, In Proceeding of 13th International Conference on Rarefied Gas Dynamics, Plenum Press, New York, USA, vol. 1, pp. 487â€“494, 1982.
Abram I. Bunimovich and Anatolii V. Dubinskii, â€œMathematical Models and Methods of Localized Interaction Theoryâ€, World Scientific Publishing Co. Singapore, New Jersey, London, Hong Kong, 1995.
P. V. Vashchenkov, M. S. Ivanov, A.N. Krylov, â€œNumerical Simulations of High-Altitude Aerothermodynamics of a Promising Spacecraft Modelâ€, In Proceeding of 27th International Symposium on Rarefied Gas Dynamics, Pacific Grove, California, 10-15 July, pp. 1337-1342, 2010.
V. S. Galkin, A. I. Erofeev, A. I. Tolstykh, â€œApproximate method of calculation of the aerodynamic characteristics of bodies in a hypersonic rarefied gasâ€, In Proceedings of TsAGI, Issue no. 1833, pp. 6-10, 1977. (in Russian)
Yu. I. Khlopkov, â€œStatistical Modeling in CFDâ€, Moscow, MIPT, 2006. (in Russian)
Zay Yar Myo Myint, A. Yu. Khlopkov, â€œAerodynamic Characteristics of an Aircraft with a Complex Shape Taking into Account the Potential of Molecular Flow Interaction with a Surfaceâ€, TsAGI Science Journal, vol. 41, No. 5, pp. 551-566, 2010.
A. V. Vaganov, S. Drozdov, A. P. Kosykh, G. G. Nersesov, I. F. Chelysheva, V. L. Yumashev, â€œNumerical Simulation of Aerodynamics of Winged Reentry Space Vehicleâ€, TsAGI Science Journal, Vol. 40, No. 2, pp. 131-149, 2009.
Yu. I. Khlopkov, Zay Yar Myo Myint, A. Yu. Khlopkov, â€œAerodynamic Investigation for Prospective Aerospace Vehicle in the Transitional Regimeâ€, International Journal of Aeronautical and Space Sciences, KSAS, South Korea, Vol. 14, No. 3, 2013, pp. 215-221.
Zay Yar Myo Myint, Yu. I. Khlopkov, A. Yu. Khlopkov, â€œAerothermodynamics Investigation for Future Hypersonic Aerospace Systemâ€, In Proceeding of 4th International Conference on Science and Engineering, Yangon, Myanmar, Dec 19-20, 2013. (CD-ROM)
Yu.I Khlopkov, V.A. Zharov, Zay Yar Myo Myint, A.Yu. Khlopkov, â€œAerodynamic Characteristics Calculation for New Generation Space Vehicle in Rarefied Gas Flowâ€, Universal Journal of Physics and Application, USA, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 286-289, 2013.
Yu.I. Khlopkov, Zay Yar Myo Myint, A.Yu. Khlopkov and M.S. Polyakov, â€œComputational analysis of aerodynamic characteristics for hypersonic vehiclesâ€, International Journal of Applied and Fundamental Research, Munich, Germany, 2013, no. 2.
Yu.I. Khlopkov, A.Yu. Khlopkov and Zay Yar Myo Myint, â€œComputer Modelling of Aerothermodynamic Characteristics For Hypersonic Vehiclesâ€, In proceeding of 2014 Spring World Congress on Engineering and Technology (SCET 2014), Shanghai, China, April 16-18, 2014.
Morsa Luigi, Zuppardi Gennaro, Schettino Antonio and Votta Raffaele, â€œAnalysis of Bridging Formulae in Transitional Regimeâ€, 27th international symposium on rarefied gas dynamics. AIP Conference Proceedings, vol. 1333, pp. 1319-1324, 2011.
L. Lees, â€œLaminar Heat Transfer over Blunt nosed Bodies at Hypersonic Speedsâ€, Jet Propulsion, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 259-269, 1956.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.