Effect of Education on Behavior About Head Lice on Students In East Jakarta
Pediculosis Capitis is a skin and head hair infestation caused by Pediculus humanus var. capitis which belongs to the family Pediculidae. This parasite lives on the scalp, predilection mainly on the back of the head (occipital) and behind the ear (retroauricular). The eggs (nits) are attached to the base of the head hair shaft. Usually these parasites attack children and women with long hair. This parasite is an obligate parasite, meaning that it must suck human blood in order to maintain its life (Djuanda et al, 2013; Irianto, 2009). This study was to determine the effect of providing education on prevention and eradication of pediculosis capitis on changes in student behavior. The study was conducted at the Al Hamid Islamic boarding school in East Jakarta on 60 students infected with Pediculosis Capitis in March to August 2019. The type of research used was a quasi experiment with one group post-test and pre-test design to see whether or not the influence of education and treatment of behavior with the incidence of Pediculosis Capitis. Data analysis was performed by t-test which aims to analyze the differences in behavior before and after with a degree of significance (alpha) = 0.05. The results showed that there were differences in the average value of behavior (knowledge, attitudes and actions) of students before and after the intervention of 3.33. There was a significant difference between students' behavior (knowledge, attitudes and actions) before and after the intervention with a p value <0.05. It is recommended that routine checks (skrenning) of the presence of Pediculosis capitis occur in students living in the dormitory to prevent wider transmission.
Keywords: Pediculosis capitis, education, behavior
Anggraini Annisa dkk, 2018. Hubungan Tingkat Pengetahuan dan Personal Hygiene terhadap kejadian Pedikuosis kapitis pada anak asuh di Panti Asuhan Liga Dakwah Sumatera Barat, Jurnal Kesehatan Andalas. Sumatera Barat. 7 (1)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2013. Parasite Lice Head Lice, [online] Tersedia di: <https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/lice/head/index.html> [Diakses pada 17 Maret 2017]
Djuanda, A., Hamzah, M., dan Aisah, S., 2013. Ilmu Penyakit Kulit dan Kelamin. Jakarta: Fakultas Kedokteran Universitas Indonesia.
Maryanti Evy, dd, 2018. Hubungan faktor resiko dengan Infestasi P. Humanus capitis pada anak Panti Asuhan di kota Pekanbaru. Jurnal kesehatan Melayu, FK Unri. Vol 1 no 2: 73 â€“ 79.
Hardiyanti, N.I., dkk., 2015. Penatalaksanaan Pediculosis Capitis. Majority. 4(9): 47-52.
Irianto, K., 2009. Parasitologi Berbagai Penyakit yang Mempengaruhi Kesehatan Manusia. Bandung: Yrama Widya.
Notoatmodjo, S., 2012. Promosi Kesehatan dan Perilaku Kesehatan. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
Nutanson, I., dkk., 2008. Pediculus Humanus Capitis: An Update. Acta Dermatoven APA. 17(4): 147-153.
Rahman, Z.A., 2014. Faktor-Faktor yang Berhubungan dengan Kejadian Pediculosis Capitis pada Santri Pesantren Rhodlotul Quran Semarang. [Skripsi]. Semarang: Fakultas Kedokteran Universitas Diponegoro.
Rassami, W., dan Soonwera, M., 2012. Epidemiology of Pediculosis Capitis Among Schoolchildren in the Eastern Area of Bangkok, Thailand. Asian Pac J Trop Biomed. 2(11): 901-904.
Rifqoh dan Wahdah Norsiah, 2017. Pediculosis capitis dan Personal hygiene pada Anak Sd di daerah Peesaan Kotamadya Banjarbaru. Medial laboratory Technology Journal 3(2): 58 - 62
Sembel, D.T., 2009. Entomologi Kedokteran. Yogyakarta: Penerbit Andi.
Wawan, A., dan M., Dewi, 2011. Teori dan Pengukuran Pengetahuan, Sikap, dan Perilaku Manusia. Yogyakarta: Nuha Medika.
Yousefi, S, Shampsiphoor F, Ahadi YS, 2012. Epidemiological Study of Head Louse (Pediculus humanus capitis) Infestasi among Primary school Students in Rural Area of Sirjan Country South of Iran Thrita J Med Sci.
Zubaidah Mona dkk, 2018. Insidensi dan Gambaran Faktor Resiko Pedikulosis Kapitis di Pondok Pesantren X Kabupaten Kutai Kertanegara. Jurnal Kedokteran Mulawarman, (5/2):32 - 41
Zulinda Aprilia dkk, 2000. Faktor-Faktor yang Mempengaruhi Kejadian Pedikulosis Kapitis pada Murid kelas III, IV, V dan VI SDN 019 Tebing Tinggi Okura Kecamatan Rumbai Pesisir Pekanbaru, Jurnal Ilmu Kedokteran, jilid 4 Nomor 1 : 65 â€“ 69.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.