Music in Basic Education: Contribution to the Teaching of Environmental Education in Northeast Brazil
Keywords:Environmental Education, Music, Elementary Education
AbstractThis research investigated perspectives of Environmental Education through the lyrics of songs with environmental themes in Elementary School in a school in northeastern Brazil. This was done using a qualitative and quantitative approach to data collection, through action research, questionnaires and interviews. The questionnaires were composed of 08 qualitative questions about lyrics and their approaches on the theme and environmental perception. The questionnaires were applied to 30 students of the 9th year of Elementary School in a public school. The results of this investigation showed the use of lyrics of the songs. 63% of the students answered what most drew attention in the theme used in music as the word pollution and its cause with the death of nature. It was concluded that the use of ecological songs in the classroom proved to be quite effective as an educational tool, improving the quality of the classes in a simple and dynamic way, thus awakening the students awareness for issues related to preserving the environment.
Bardin. L. (2011). AnÃ¡lise do conteÃºdo. SÃ£o Paulo: EdiÃ§Ã£o 70. 229p.
Carson, R. (2010). Primavera Silenciosa, 1Âª ediÃ§Ã£o, SÃ£o Paulo: Gaia. 228p.
Carvalho, I.C.M. (2012). EducaÃ§Ã£o Ambiental a FormaÃ§Ã£o do Sujeito EcolÃ³gico, 6Âª ediÃ§Ã£o, SÃ£o Paulo: Cortez. 256p.
Chizzotti, A. (2003). Pesquisa em CiÃªncias Humanas e Sociais. 6Âª ediÃ§Ã£o; SÃ£o Paulo: Cortez. 164p.
Evaristo, J.A. (2010). Um estudo sobre a educaÃ§Ã£o ambiental proposta no PCN. 44 fls. Trabalho de ConclusÃ£o de Curso (GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Pedagogia). Universidade Estadual de Londrina.
Ferreira, M. (2008). Como usar a mÃºsica na sala de aula. 7. Ed. SÃ£o Paulo: Contexto. 240p.
Flick, U. (2009). MÃ©todos de Pesquisa IntroduÃ§Ã£o a Pesquisa Qualificada. 3Âª ediÃ§Ã£o, Porto Alegre. 256p.
Freire, P. (1997). Pedagogia da Autonomia: Saberes necessÃ¡rios Ã prÃ¡tica educativa. ColeÃ§Ã£o leitura. Rio de janeiro: Paz e Terra. 54p.
GuimarÃ£es, R.B. (2011). Metodologia e Projetos: Uma proposta para o ensino da Geografia. Presidente Prudente.
Lisboa, C.P.; Kindel, E.A.I. (2012). EducaÃ§Ã£o Ambiental da Teoria a PrÃ¡tica. Porto Alegre: MediaÃ§Ã£o. 144p.
Mateiro, T. & Ilari, B. (2011). Pedagogias em EducaÃ§Ã£o Ambiental. 1Âª ediÃ§Ã£o, Curitiba.
NÃ³voa, A. (1997). FormaÃ§Ã£o de professores e profissÃ£o docente. In: _____ (Org.). Os professores e sua formaÃ§Ã£o. 3Âª ed. Lisboa: Dom Quixote, p.13-33.
Oliveira, A.R. (2002). A mÃºsica no ensino de lÃngua portuguesa. PUBLICATIO UEPGâ€“ CiÃªncias Humanas, C. Sociais Aplicadas, LinguÃstica, Letras e Artes, 10 (1): 73-84.
Orange, C.F.; Silva, C.S.; Ricci, S.M. (2016). A importÃ¢ncia da mÃºsica na aprendizagem. AcadÃªmicas do 2Âº ano do curso de Pedagogia (2006) UNIMEO/CTESOP. Avaiable in: <http://www.alexandracaracol.com/ Ficheiros/music.pdf>. access in: 20 January 2016.
Pedrini, A.G.; Saito, C.H. (2014). Uma luz inicial no caminho metodolÃ³gico da EducaÃ§Ã£o Ambiental. In: Alexandre de GusmÃ£o Pedrini; Carlos Hiroo Saito. (Org.). Paradigmas metodolÃ³gicos em educaÃ§Ã£o ambiental. 1ed. PetrÃ³polis: Vozes, p. 37-43.
Penna, M. (2014). MÃºsica(s) e seu Ensino. Porto Alegre: 2Âª ediÃ§Ã£o, Sulina.
Pinheiro, E.A.; MendonÃ§a, B.A.; Silva, G.J.; GonÃ§alves, O.O.; Chaves, T.S. (2004). O Nordeste brasileiro nas mÃºsicas de Luiz Gonzaga. Caderno de Geografia: PUCMINAS, Belo Horizonte, v. 14, n. 23, p. 103-111, 2Âº sem.
Ruscheinsky, A. (2012). EducaÃ§Ã£o Ambiental Abordagens MÃºltiplas. 2Âª ediÃ§Ã£o, Penso. SÃ£o Paulo. 312p.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.