The Influence of Family, Community, and Information Technology Supports on Empowerment of Diabetes Mellitus Patients Using SEM (<i>Structural Equation Modelling</i>)
Keywords:support, empowerment, diabetes mellitus
AbstractDiabetes mellitus (DM) is a chronic disease that has not yet been able to cure. Supports are needed by its patients in order to increase their empowerment to manage their chronic disease. This study aimed to analyze the influence of supports for the empowerment of DM patients. The analytical method used in this research is Structural Equation Model (SEM) with 330 respondents at 25 hospitals within JABODETABEK (Jakarta, Bogor, Depok, Tangerang, Bekasi) areas. The results of this study showed that family support, community support and information technology support influence the empowerment of DM patients.
â€¢ Al-kahfi R, Palimbo A, Marlina. 2016. Pengaruh efikasi diri dan dukungan keluarga terhadap pencegahan kaki diabeteik pada pasien rawat jalan diabetes melitus tipe 2 di RSUD Dr H Moch Ansari Saleh Banjarmasin. Dinamika Kesehatan. 7(2):332-346
â€¢ Anderson RE, Huang WR. 2006. Empowering salesperson: personal, managerial and organizational perspectives. Psychology & Marketing. 23(2): 139-159.
â€¢ [BPJS Kesehatan] Badan Penyelenggaran Jaminan Sosial Kesehatan. 2016. Laporan pengelolaan Program Tahun 2016 dan Laporan Keuangan Tahun 2016. Jakarta (ID): BPJS Kesehatan.
â€¢ ___. 2017. Kedudukan dan Status Kelembagaan BPJS Kesehatan. Jakarta (ID): BPJS Kesehatan
â€¢ Camacho N, Jong M, Stremersch S. 2014. The effect of customer empowerment on adherence to expert advice. Intern J. of Rsearch in Marketing. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijresmar.2014.03.004. Article in press
â€¢ [EPR] European Patient Forum. 2015. Empowered patient are an asset tp society. Conference report 20-21 May 2015. Belgia(BE): EPR.
â€¢ Hartini MCS. 2002. Dukungan diri, keluarga dan masyarakat serta pengaruhnya terhadap pemulihan penyakit jantung koroner bagi pasien pria di R.S Pelni Jakarta. [Tesis]. Bogor (ID): Insitut Pertanian Bogor.
â€¢ Heniwati, Thabrany H. 2016. Perbandingkan klaim penyakit katastropik peserta jaminan kesehatan nasional di provinsi DKI Jakarta dan Nusa Tenggara Timur tahun 2014. Jurnal Ekonomi Kesehatan Indonesia. 1(2): 88-97
â€¢ Holmstrom I, Roing M. 2010. The relation between patient-centeredness and patient empowerment: a discussion on concepts. Patient Education and Counseling. 79:167-172.
â€¢ [IPPR] Institute for Public Policy Research. 2014. Patient in Control Why People with Long-term Conditions Must be Empowermed. London (UK): IPPR.
â€¢ [KEMENKES] Kementerian Kesehatan RI. 2016. Profil Kesehatan Indonesia Tahun 2016. Jakarta (ID): Kemenkes.
â€¢ ____ 2017. Laporan Kinerja Kementerian Kesehatan Tahun 2017. Jakarta (ID): Kemenkes.
â€¢ ____. 2017. Rencana Aksi Program Sekretariat Jenderal Tahun 2015-2019 Revisi. Jakarta (ID): Kemenkes
â€¢ Labrrecque LI, Esche J, Mathwick C, Novak TP, Hofacker CF. 2013. Consumer power: evolution in the digital age. Journal of Interactive Marketing. 27: 257-269.
â€¢ Loane SS, Dâ€™Alessandro S. 2014. Empowered and knowledgeable health consumers: the impact of online support groups on the doctor-patient relationship. Australasian Marketing Journal. 22:238-245.
â€¢ MacStravic S. 2000. The downside of patient empowerment: while consumers and managed care alike applaud the trend toward empowering patients, this shift has placed new and sometimes overwhelming burdens on consumers. Health Forum Journal. 30:1.
â€¢ Morewitz SJ. 2006. Chronic Diaseases and Health Care: New Trends in Diabetes, Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Fibromyaglia, Low Back Pain, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cancer. New York (US): Springer
â€¢ Nord JH, Lee TR, Cetin F, Atay O. 2016. Examining the impact of social technologies empowerment and economic development. International Journal of Information Management. 36:1101-1110.
â€¢ Nursasi AY. 2015. Efektivitas model keberdayaan perawat, kader, keluarga, dank lien (P2K3) terhadap kemandirian klien tuberculosis paru dalam melakukan perawatan diri di kota Depok. [Disertasi]. Depok (ID): Universitas Indonesia.
â€¢ Ouchsan R, Sweeney J, Johnson L. 2006. Customer empowerment and relationship outcomes in healthcare consultations. European Journal of Marketing. 40(9/10): 1068-1086.
â€¢ [PERKENI] Perkumpulan Endokronologi Indonesia. 2015. Konsesus Pengelolaan dan Pencegahaan Diabetes Melitus Tipe 2 di Indonesia 2015. Jakarta (ID): PERKENI
â€¢ Simanjuntak M. 2014. Tingkat keberdayaan dan strategi keberdayaan konsumen. [Disertasi]. Bogor (ID). Institut Pertanian Bogor.
â€¢ Simanjuntak M, Yulianti LN. 2015 Pengembangan Indeks Keberdayaan Konsumen. ISBN: 978- 602-96826-4-9
â€¢ _____. 2016. Pemetaan Indeks Keberdayaan Konsumen 2016 [Laporan]. Bogor (ID): Institut Pertanian Bogor.
â€¢ _____. 2016. Indeks Keberdayaan Konsumen di 13 Provinsi di Indonesia 2016 [Laporan]. Bogor(ID): Institut Pertanian Bogor
â€¢ Sumarwan U. 2011. Prilaku Konsumen: Teori dan Penerapannya dalam Pemasaran. Jakarta (ID): PT Ghalia Indonesia
â€¢ Tol A, Shojaeezadeh D, Sharifirad G, Alhani F, Tehrani M. 2012. Determination of empowerment score in type 2 diabetes patients and its related factors. J Pak Med Assoc. 6(1): 16-20.
â€¢ Valentijn PP, Schpman SM, Opheij W, Bruijnzeels MA. 2013. Understanding integrated care: a comprehensive conceptual framework based on the integrative functions of primary care. International Journal of Integrated Care. 13:1-12.
â€¢ [WHO] World Health Organization. 2002. Innovative care for chronic conditions. Geneva (SZ): WHO
â€¢ [WHO] World Health Organization. 2008. Where are the patients in decision-making about their own care? Denmark (DK): WHO
â€¢ ___. 2013. Exploring patient participation in reducing health care related safety risk. Copenhagen (DK): WHO
â€¢ ___. 2012. Indonesia: WHO Statistical Profile. New York (US): WHO
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.