Volunteer Tourism as A Factor of Sustainable Development
Keywords:volunteer tourism, steady tourism, tourists-volunteer
The article studies the problem of the volunteer tourism development as an important part of the concept of sustainable tourism. Approaches to the assessment of volunteer tourism and sustainable tourism development proposed by various international organizations (UNWTO, the Worldwide Council for Sustainable Tourism, the European Environment Agency, the European Commission) and scientists. The author substantiates the importance of forming the system of the sustainable development of tourism indicators, enriched with the concept of volunteer tourism and the need for continuous monitoring at different levels. It is concluded that volunteer tourism, directly manifested in the context of the development of each country, is considered by a number of international organizations, foreign and domestic researchers as a factor of sustainable tourism development. In the article, the hypothesis of a direct positive relationship between sustainable tourism development and volunteer tourism (volunteer tourists) is verified on the basis of a questionnaire survey of volunteer tourists. The proposed approaches to the assessment of the sustainable tourism development enriched with the concept of volunteer tourism cannot be considered universal, since each country needs its own system.
Galenko E. V., Kremenetskaya A. M. Need and trust as tools to support the development of volunteer tourism. Collection of the V International scientific and practical conference: Modern hotel and restaurant business: Economics and management, pp. 164-167, 2018.
Bozhko L. DCultural consequences of globalization:" new nomads "and" new identities". Scientific statements. Series History. Political science. Economy. Informatics, vol. 22 (165), pp. 73 â€“ 78, 2013.
Loktionova, TA The history of the emergence and formation of volunteering in Russia, Young Scientist. vol. 8, pp. 267-269, 2012.
Nezdoyminov S. G. Ecologization of tourism as a factor of sustainable development, Regional study, vol. 1(43), pp. 133-139, 2014.
Pirogov O. V., Pirogova A. Yu. The role of sustainable tourism in the world. International journal of applied and fundamental research, vol. 7, pp. 305 â€“ 309, 2017.
Raymond E.M., Hall C.M. The development of cross-cultural (mis)understanding through volunteer tourism, Journal of Sustainable Tourism, vol. 16 (5), pp. 530-543, 2008.
McGehee N.G, Andereck, K.L. Factors predicting rural residents' support of tourism, Journal of Travel Research, vol. 43 (2), pp. 131, 2004.
McGehee N.G. Oppression emancipation, and volunteer tourism: Research Propositions, Annals of tourism research, vol. 39 (1), pp. 84-107, 2012.
Kiseleva T. G. Study of the dominant motivation to participate in volunteering, Yaroslavl Pedagogical Gazette, vol. 2 (2), pp. 44-48, 2013.
Galenko E. V., Kremenetskaya A. M. Volunteer tourism as a factor of sustainable development. Eurasian international economic scientific and practical conference, pp. 126 -130, 2018.
Kruglova M. S. The phenomenon of volunteering in the modern theory and practice of tourism. Postgraduate, vol. 5-1 (10), pp. 77 â€“ 80, 2015.
Chistochina A. V., Dumler A. A., Vikulova I. L. Organization and implementation of volunteer activities. (Educational and methodical manual. Krasnoyarsk. SFU), pp. 140, 2013.
Kavros A. I. On the issue of sustainable tourism. The works of BGTU, vol. 7, pp. 320 â€“ 325, 2016.
Penkin N. V., Shakhova O. Approaches to assessing sustainability of tourism in the region. Discussion, vol. 10, pp. 38 â€“ 45, 2016.
Zaliznyak E. A. Indicators of environmental aspects of sustainable development of tourism industry: European experience. Westn. ]. State UN-TA. Ser. 11, Estestv sciences, vol. 1(7), pp. 30-34, 2014.
Seselkin A. I. Sustainable development of tourism as a priority area of the world tourism organization: the formulation of research problems. Bulletin of the RMAT, vol. 1 (10), pp. 9-14, 2014.
Maksarova E. M. The main directions of implementation of the principles of sustainable development in tourism. News of the Russian state pedagogical University. A. I. Herzen, vol. 85, pp. 345-350, 2008.
Galenko E. V., Krivoruchko P. O. The preferences of the tourist when choosing an environmental hotel. The azimuth of scientific research: Economics and management, vol. 2(23), pp.49 â€“52, 2018.
Kiekbaeva E. G. Indicators of sustainable tourism development and their use in Federal programs of tourism development in Russia. News of the Sochi state University, vol. 1 (29), pp. 78-80, 2014.
Grechishkin E. A., Grishina O. A. Indicators for assessing sustainable tourism development. Regional economy. South of Russia, vol. 3 (17), pp. 37-44, 2017.
Rubtsova N. V. Impact of sustainable development of recreation and tourism on sustainable development of the region. News of the Irkutsk state economic Academy, vol. 5 (97), pp. 47-60, 2014.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.