The Influence Of Kegel Exercise On Urine Incontinension Reduction In Elderly
Keywords:Kegel Exercise, Urinary Incontinence, Elderly, Nursing Home
AbstractThe elderly is a period of time when various health problems influence their lives, in general, the elderly complaint about various kinds of symptoms that are felt due to the condition of body organs that have a setback. One of the health problems often suffered by the elderly is urinary incontinence. This needs a special attention along with the increasing elderly population in Indonesia. Urinary incontinence is the process of uncontrolled urinary discharge at an undesirable time regardless of frequency and amount, due to weak pelvic floor contraction which will cause social and hygienic problems of the sufferer. Kegel Exercise or Kegel Exercise is a gymnastic activity that aims to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles, especially the pubococcygeal muscles so that a woman can strengthen the urinary tract muscles and can cure the inability to hold urine urination/incontinence. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of kegel training on decreasing urinary incontinence in the elderly lived in nursing home. This is a quasi-experiment research with the Pretest-Postest One Group approach. The population of this study were all elderly at Tresna Werdha Budi Mulia Nursing Home Ciracas in East Jakarta who had urinary incontinence. 23 samples were taken in nonrandom. Data were gathered using an observation instrument by conducting active observations and filling out the checklist about 24-hour urination filled directly by the elderly every day during the study. Data analysis used non-parametric statistics with Paired T-test or Wilcoxon Signed Rank Test. The results of the T-dependent test, it was found that P-value was 0,000 (p<0.05) which showed that there was an effect of kegel training on the frequency of urinary incontinence There is a significant difference between urinary incontinence before exercise and urinary incontinence as a Kegel exercise. The results of this study are expected to contribute, both for the elderly who live in nursing homes and for health service institutions and educational institutions as well as for the development of nursing science in providing nursing care for elderly who experience urinary incontinence.
Nugroho, Wahyudi. Gerontik & Geriatrik, Jakarta: EGC. 2008.
Brunner&Suddarth. Buku Ajar Keperawatan Medikal Bedah. EGC, Jakarta. 2011.
Widianti, A. Proverawati. Senam Kesehatan. Yogyakarta: Nuha Medika. 2010.
Kementerian Kesehatan Indonesia Republik Indonesia. Profil Kesehatan Indonesia 2012. Jakarta: Kementerian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. 2014.
Smeltzer, C. Suzanne. Buku Ajar Keperawatan Medikal Bedah Ed. 8 Volume 2. Jakarta: EGC. 2001.
Padila. Buku Ajar Keperawatan Gerontik. Jakarta: EGC. 2013.
Potter, P.A, & Perry, A.G. Buku Ajar Fundamental Keperawatan: Konsep, Proses, dan Praktik. (Edisi 4). Alih Bahasa: Yasmin Asih, dkk. Jakarta: Penerbit EGC. 2009.
Ananingsih, A., Ristriana, Suhairy, Pengaruh Latihan Kegel Terhadap Perubahan Inkontinensia pada Lansia di PSTW Teratai Palembang. 2013.
Pudjiastuti Fisioterapi pada Lansia. Jakarta: EGC. 2003.
Widyaningsih. Pengaruh latihan Kegel Terhadap Frekuensi lnkontinensia Urine Pada Lansia di Panti Wreda Pucang Gading Semarang. Dibuka tanggal 12 Februari 2017 dari http://repository.unimus.ac.id/2009/pengaruh latihan kegel terhadap frekuensi inkontinensia urin pada lansia. 2009.
Nursalam. Asuhan Keperawatan pada Pasien dengan Gangguan Sistem Perkemihan. Jakarta: Salemba Medika. 2007.
Hidayati, Puji. Pengaruh Latihan Kegel terhadap Frekuensi Inkontinensia Urin pada Lanjut Usia di Panti Werda Rindang Asih II Semarang, 2009.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.