The Study of Landscape Model in Semarang City
Keywords:Study, Landscape Model, City Park, Semarang City.
AbstractA landscape is the part of green open space that becomes one of urban supporting elements needed by society. The landscape in the form of city park supports the urban landscape. This urban landscape has a power to shape the cityâ€™s character and to keep its sustainability, and this landscape is also needed by society as a public space. However, the number of green open spaces is increasingly depleted, and the number of existing green open spaces has not fullfiled the governmentâ€™s standard. Recently, the Municipal Government of Semarang is doing an effort to fulfill the need of green open spaces in the form of city parks. Nevertheless, these parks have not opitmumly functioned and have low quality, so they can not provide comforts and safety for people in the the city. Based on this condition, the purpose of this research is to study landscape model of Semarang City. The method used in this research is descriptive qualitative method with case study approach able to describe a detailed landscape design, hence determining a better model of landscape development in Semarang City.The result of this research hopefully becomes an input into the development of sustainable landscape model in Semarang City.
â€¢ Arikunto. (2006). Procedure Research: A Practical Approach. Jakarta: PT Rineka.
â€¢ Carr, Stephen et al. (1992). Public Space. Australia: Press Syndicate of University of Cambridge.
â€¢ Danier, L. (2015). The Little Sustainable Landscape Book. Oxford: Global Canopy Programme.
â€¢ Darmawan, Edy. (2009). Ruang Publik Dalam Arsitektur Kota. Semarang: Badan Penerbit Universitas Diponegoro.
â€¢ Darmawan, Edy dan Andy Wijaya Nugraha. (2015). Visual Estetika Taman Arsitektur Kota. Semarang Badan Penerbit Universitas Diponegoro.
â€¢ Parking and Sanitation Office of Semarang City. www.dkp.semarangkota.go.id.
â€¢ Frick, Heinz dan Tri Hesti Mulyani. (2006). Arsitektur Ekologis. Yogyakarta: Kanisius.
â€¢ Hakim, Rustam dan Hardi Utomo. (2003). Komponen Perancangan Arsitektur Lansekap (Prinsip-Unsur dan Aplikasi Desain). Jakarta: Bumi Aksara Publisher
â€¢ Jessel, B. (2006). Elements, Characteristics, and Character Information Functions of Landscapes in Terms of Indicators. Ecological Indicators 6: 153-167.
â€¢ Restyanto, Yoga. (2011). Arsitektur Landscape Kawasan Wisata Outbound Bukit Tangkiling. Jurnal Perspektif Arsitektur. Volume 6 Nomor 2 Desember 2011.
â€¢ Rob, Krier. (1979). Urban Space. London: Academy Editions.
â€¢ Susiloarifin, Hadi dan Nurhayati. (1994). Pemeliharaan Taman. Jakarta: Penebar Swadaya.
â€¢ Law of the Republic of Indonesia Number 26 Year 2007 about Spatial Planning.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.