HAZOP Study and Determination of Safety Integrity Level Using Fault Tree Analysis on Fuel Gas Superheat Burner of Ammonia Unit in Petrochemical Plant, East Java
Keywords:burner, safety, SIS, FTA, SIL.
Safety is an essential requirement in the course of production in the industry. Security in the factory needs to be considered, especially against malicious nodes such as burner. In this research analysis to determine opportunities hazard that could happen to superheat burner. The magnitude of the risk of harm must be balanced with the security system (SIS). So the system superheat burner analyzed by the method HAZOP and SIL safety level calculated through the method of FTA. Based on research conducted in this thesis, superheat burner has a high danger risk (high risk) component TT-1005 and PT-1018. The level of security superheat burner classified SIL 1 with PFD 4.38x10-2, so do redesign the SIS to achieve SIL 2. PFD system of 0.0099 is achieved by adding 2 ESDV on line check fuel gas and purges gas and increase the pressure switch on each function pressure switch. (PSHH, PSL, PSLL).
A. PT. Petrokimia Gresik. Ammonia Plan I.
Abouelrish, Ahmed. September 2015. Design of Boiler Burner Management System International Education & Research Journal Volume-1 Issue-2
Fault Tree Handbook with Aerospace Applications Version 1.1, NASA Publication, August
ANSI/ISA-TR84.02. 2002. Safety Instrumented Functions (SIF) â€“Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Evaluation Techniques Part 1: Introduction. Research Triangle Park, NC: American National Standard Institute.
ANSI/ISA-TR84.00.02-2002 Part 3. Safety Instrumented Function (SIF) - Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Evaluation Techniques Part 3: Determining the SIL of a SIF via Fault Tree Analysis. American National Standard Institute.
Going Bill, 2000. Advanced Control Steam Superheat Temperature on a Utility Boiler. IEEE Research Journal Volume-3 Issue-2.
IEC- 61882. 2001. Hazard and Operability Studies (Hasp Studies) â€“ Application Guide. Geneva: International Electro technical Commission.
John N. Dyer, Anya P. Raibagkar, Massimiliano Kolbe, and Ernesto Solano â€œBlast Damage Considerations for Horizontal Pressure Vessel and Potential for Domino Effectsâ€, the Italian Association of Chemical Engineering, Italy, 2012.
Montgomery, Douglas C â€œIntroduction to statistical Quality Control 6th Editionâ€, United States of America.
M. Marshal, Edward and W. Scarp, Eric, â€œSafety Integrity Level Selection.â€ (United State of America: Research Triangle Park, NC: ISA., 2002.
Musyafa, A. And Kristianingsih, L., â€œRisk Management and Safety System Assessment from Power Plant Steam Boiler in Power Systems Unit 5, Paiton Indonesiaâ€, Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 7(11) Sep 2013, Pages: 349-356, 2013.
Musyafa, A. And Zulfiana, Erna., â€œRisk Management and Hazard and Operability Study on Steam Turbine Power Plant Unit 5 in The Power Generation Paiton, East Java-Indonesiaâ€, Advances in Natural and Applied Sciences, 7(5) December 2013, Pages: 510-518, 2013.
Mustafa, A. ,at.al., â€œ Hazad And Operability Study and Analysis of Safety Integrity Level Case Study: Ammonia Refrigerant Compressor at Petrochemical Plantâ€ Advances in Natural and Applied Sciences, 9(8) July 2015, Pages: 36-42, AENSI Journals, 2015.
Mustafa, A., at.al. â€œReliability and Maintainability Assessment of the Steam Turbine Instrumentation System for optimization Operational Availability System at Fertilizer Plantâ€, Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 8(13) August 2014, Pages: 132-139, 2014.
. Mustafa, A. et.al. â€œEvaluation of the Reliability and Prediction Maintenance on the Air Compressor System in Ammonia Plant PT. Petrokimia Gresikâ€, Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 9(11) May 2015, Pages: 853-862, 2015.
Oakland, Josh S. 2003. Statistical Process Control 5th edition. Butterworth Heinemann, Oxford.
Poulose, Smear Maria, and Madhu, G., â€œHazop Study for Process Plants: A Generalized Approachâ€, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, 2012
Rashid Quiche. Ali A.J Adam.â€ Reliability of Risk Assessment in petrochemical industries. International Journal of Industrial Management (IJM)â€. ISSN (Print) 22899286e-ISSN xxxx. Volume xx. Pp pp xx-xxJune, 2015. Universities Malaysia Pahang, Malaysia, 2015.
Robert W. Johnson. â€œBeyond-compliance uses of HAZOP/LOPA studiesâ€. Science Direct. Pp. 727-733.,
Ronny D. Noriyati, et.al...â€œ Reliability Assessment of Cooling Pump For Parts Inventory Planning in Power Plant System, Paiton-Indonesiaâ€. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 8(13) August 2014, Pages: 140-146
AENSI ISSN: 1991-8178. Journal home page: www.ajbasweb.com, 2014.
Ronny Dwi Noriyati, et.al. â€œRisk Assessment and Safety Analysis on Power Generation Boiler at PT.Petrokimia Gresik,Indonesiaâ€. The 2015 International Applied Reliability Symposium, Asia Pacific, October 7 - 9, 2015 Singapore
Ronny Dwi Noriyati, et.al . â€œHazard & operability study and determining safety integrity level on sulfur furnace unit: A case study in fertilizer industryâ€. Available online at www.sciencedirect.com. Procedia Manufacturing 4 ( 2015 ) 231 â€“ 236.
Ronny D. Noriyati, et.al. â€œHazard and Operability Study and Risk Management Case Study: Phosphoric Acid Concentration Process in Petrochemical Plant â€“ Indonesiaâ€. International Journal of Engineering & Technology IJET-IJENS Vol:16 No:01. 164401-3838-IJET-IJENS Â© February 2016 IJENS
Silvana D. Costa. et. al. â€œEvaluation Safety Integrity Level Using Layer of Protection Analysis in Recycle Gas First Stage Cycle Compressor at PT. Pertamina Perseroâ€ ., Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 9(20) June 2015, Pages: 154-163, 2015.
Skrtic, Lana, â€œHydrogen Sulfide, Oil and Gas, and Peopleâ€™s Healthâ€, Energy and Resources Group University of California, Berkeley. 2006.
. summers, Angela. â€œSafety Integrity Level: Do You Understand The Odds?â€ (Journal of Control Engineering, SIS-TECH solution, LLC, 2000.
. Temilade Ladokun, Farhad , â€œAccidents in Pressure Vessels: Hazard Awarenessâ€, World Congress on Engineering, U.K. ,2010.
. The Norwegian oil industry association, OLF Recommended Guidelines for the application of IEC 61508 and IEC 61511 in the petroleum activities on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, No.: 070 Date effective: 1.0 2, .2001.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.