Participatory Institutional Approach through the Supervision of the Movement of a Million Volunteers Election (GSRPP)
Keywords:Supervisory particivipative, Political Participation, Election Supervision
AbstractThis paper aims to analyze the of state institutions collaboration General Elections Supervisory Board of the Republic of Indonesia with various civil society groups in the 2014 General Election in Indonesia. This research using qualitative methods through in-depth interviews in 25 key informants from the various agencies involved and supported by secondary data from Election Supervisory Board (Bawaslu) Republic of Indonesia. The results showed that the collaboration of state agencies Elections Supervisory Board of the Republic of Indonesia with various civil society groups gave birth to consciousness in the form of participatory supervisory GSRPP (Movement One Million Volunteer Election Supervisory). GSRPP reveal the existence of the occurrence of a variety of fraud and violations of the legislative and presidential elections in 2014 in Indonesia. GSRPP expected presence will minimize the occurrence of fraud and violations of democracy in the next elections in Indonesia.
Alkatiri, Zeffry. 2016. Transisi Demokrasi Di Eropa Timur Baltik, Jerman Timur, Rumania & Balkan. Yayasan pustaka Obor Indonesia. Jakarta.
Altman, D. & LiÃ±Ã¡n, A.P. 2002 .Assessing the Quality of Democracy:Freedom, Competitiveness and ,Participation in Eighteen Latin American Countries. Democratization, 9(2), 85â€“100. Published By Frank Cass, London.
Baird, R. G. 2012. Unpacking Democracy and Governance: Conceptualizing Governance Infrastructure. Social Science Information, 51(2), 263-279. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0539018412437112.
Bingham, Lisa Blomgren, Rosemary O'Leary, and Tina Nabatchi. 2004. The New Governance: Practices and Processes for Stakeholder and Citizen Participation in the Work of Govern ment. Paper presented at the School of Policy, Planning, and Development Conference on Civic Engagement in the 21st Century, October 1-2, Los Angeles
Campbell, A. , et al. 1954 The Voter Decides. Evanston: Row, Peterson.
Di Gennaro, C. and Dutton, W. 2006. The Internet and the Public: Online and
Offline Political Participation in the United Kingdom. Parliamentary Affairs Vol. 59 No. 2 (299â€“313)
Eduardo, V.1981. Political Participation in an Unstable Democracy: A Study Of Two Regions Incolombia. Thesis. Graduate College of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Illionis.
Edward, G.A. 2009. The Power Of Political Parties Political Participation, Clientelism, And Remittances In The Dominican Republic . Dissertation. New Scool University, New York.
Frederickson, H. George. 1991. Toward a Theory of the Public for Public Administration. Administration and Society 22(4): 395-417.
Frederickson, H. George. 1991.1999. The Repositioning of American Public Administration. PS: Political Science and Politics 32(4):
Harry C. Boyte. 2005. Reframing Democracy: Governance, Civic Agency, and Politics. Public Administration Review, Vol. 65, No. 5 (Sep. - Oct), pp. 536-546
Huntington, S. 1968 Political Order m Changing Societies. New Haven: Yale University Press.
Ismail, I. Y., Yakoop, R. M., Jusoff, K., Febriansyah, M., & Nurwati, N. (2014). Democracy and Incumbent Political Power Struggle for the Indonesian Regional Head Election. Asian Social Science, 10(10), 212-218. http://doi.org/10.5539/ass.v10n10p212.
Kasfir, N.1976.The Shrinking Political Arena. Participation and Ethnicity in African Politics, with a Case Study of Uganda. Berkeley: University of California Press.
Kettl, Donald F. 2002. The Transformation of Governance: Public Administration for Twenty-First Century America. Baltimore, MD: John Hopkins University Press. King, Martin Luther. 1963. Letter from a Birmingham
Lane, Robert E. 1959. Political Life. New York: The Free .
Lerner, D.1958 The Passing of Traditional Society. Glencoe: Freen Press.
Milbrath, L.W. 1968.Political Participation: How and Why People Get Involved in Politics? Chicago: Rand McNally.
Newton, K. & Van Deth, J.W. 2010. Foundation Of Comparative Politic. Cambridge University Press.
Ngusmanto. 2015. Pilkada and Patronage Practice among Bureaucrat in West Kalimantan, Indonesia. Asian Social Science 12 (9), 236-243.
Parry, G.1972."Ethnic politics and the persistance of ethnic identification. APSR 61 (September):717-726. The Social System. New York: Free Press. The idea of political participation. In Parry, G. (ed). Participation in Politics. Manchester: Manchester University Press.
Putnam, R.D.1993. Making Democracy Work-Civic Traditions in Modern Italy. New Jersey: Princeton University Press.
Putnam, R. (1995). Tuning in, tuning out: the strange disappearance of social capital in America. PS: Politics & Society 28: 664-683.
Putnam, R. (2000). Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community. New York: Simon & Schuster.
Rosener, J.B.1978. Citizen Participation: Can We Measure Its Effectiveness? Source: Public Administration Review, Vol. 38, No. 5 (Sep. - Oct.), pp. 457-463
Salamon, Lester, ed. 2002. The Tools of Government. A Guide to the New Governance. New York: Oxford University Press
Santoso, Topo & Suprianto, Didi. 2004. Mengawasi Pemilu Mengawasi Demokrasi. Jakarta: Raja Garfindo Persada.
Sardini, Nur Hidayat 2011. Restorasi Penyelenggaraan Pemilu di Indonesia. Yogyakarat: Fajar Media Press.
Strode, Ann and Kitty B.G., 2004. Understanding the Institutional Dynamics of South Africa's Response to the HIVI AIDS Pandemic. Pretoria, South Africa: Institute for Democracy in South Africa World Bank. Reforming Public Institutions and Strengthening Governane. www.worldbank.org/wbi/goverance.
Szwarcberg, M.L. 2009. Making Local Democracy: Political Machines, Clientelism, And Social Networks in Argentina. Ph.D Theses. The University Of Chicago.
Tocqueville, Alexis de. 1835. Democracy in America. Edited by Phillips Bradley. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1945.
Tom van der Meer & Erik van Ingen. Schools or Pools of Democracy? A Longitudinal Test of the Relation Between Civic Participation and Political Socialization. Political Behavior, March 2016, Volume 38, Issue 1, pp 83â€“103
Verba, S. , and N. Nie. 1972 Participation in America: Political Democracy and Social Equality. New York: Harper Row.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.