Antioxidant Activities of Ethyl acetate Extract and Hexane Extract of Lelak (<i>Uvaria rufa</i> Blume) Leaves
Keywords:Antioxidant, DPPH, Uvaria rufa, IC50
Uvaria rufa Blume is one of the main power plant that has natural antioxidants that are known to inhibit the scavenging free radicals. Â The present study was to evaluate antioxidantÂ activity of ethyl acetate and hexane extracts of leaves of Uvaria rufa Blumes. Â Measurement of antioxidant activity carried out using the DPPH method. Â DPPH radical scavenging activity of Uvaria rufa BlumeÂ of hexane extract and ethyl acetate extract tested showed lower activity than that of a standard compounds: ascorbic acid (IC 50 = 3.781 Âµg/ml ). Extracts of ethyl acetate has strong antioxidant activity which IC50 values was 57.89Âµg/ml respectively and Â extracts of hexaneÂ has weak antioxidant activity which IC50 values wasÂ 87,292 Âµg/ml respectively.
â€¢ Bingtao, L. and Michael G. G. 2011. UVARIA Linnaneus. FI. China 19: 674-676
â€¢ Cahyadi, W. 2008. Food Additive. 2nd Edition. Bumi Aksara. Jakarta
â€¢ Cairns, D. 2008. Digest Pharmaceutical Chemistry. 2nd Eition . EGC. Jakarta
â€¢ Can-Ake, R., Gilda, E.R., Filogonio, M.P., and Luis, M.P. 2004. Bioactive terpenoids from roots and leaves of Jatropha gaumeri. Rev Soc QuÃm MÃ©x 48: 11-14.
â€¢ Daniel. 2010. Isolasi dan Identifikasi Senyawa Flavonoid Pada Fraksi Etil Asetat dari Daun Tumbuhan Sirih Merah (Piper crocatum Ruiz dan Pav). Volume 9. Nomor 10. FMIPA Universitas Mulawarman. Samarinda
â€¢ Didik, G dan Sri Mulyani. 2004.Phatmacology. Jilid I. Swadaya. Jakarta
â€¢ Deepralard, Khanittha, dkk. 2009. Flavonoid Glycosides from the Leaves of Uvaria rufa with Advanced Glication end-Product Inhibitory Activity. Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Culalongkorn UniversityBangkok.Http://18.104.22.168/tjps/ContentVol33No2_3/V33-2-3Art%203%20pp8490.pdf. (Accessed on May 17, 2014).
â€¢ Edhisambada. 2011.Antioxidant Activity Test Methods Radikal 1,1-difenil-2-pikrilhidrazil (DPPH). https://edhisambada.wordpress.com/2011/02/22/ metode-uji-aktivitas-antioksidan-radikal-11-difenil-2-pikrilhidrazil-dpph/ ( Accesed on Feb2, 2015)
â€¢ Gandjar, I. G. dan Rohman, A. 2007. Pharmaceutical Analysis. Pustaka Pelajar. Yogyakarta
â€¢ Gafur, M. A.., Isa, I., dan Bialangi, N. 2013. Isolation and Identification of Flavonoid Compounds of Leaf Jamblang (Syzygium cumini). http//:repository.ung.ac.id/get/simlit_res/1/458 ( Accesed on June, 25, 2015)
â€¢ Harborne, J. B. 1987. Phytochemicals method. 2nd Edition. ITB Bandung.
â€¢ Kedare, S. B. and Singh, R. P. 2011. Genesis and Development of DPPH Method of Antioxidant Assay. J. Food. Sci. Technol. 48(4):412â€“422
â€¢ Marx, J.L. 1985. Oxygen Free Radicals Linked to Many Disease, dalam Science, 235 : 529-531
â€¢ Orozco, M.CB, Rasco, J.J, Cedillo, F.D, Torres, R.S, 2013, Chemical composition and antioxidant ability of the crude extract of Sedum praealtum flowers. J.Food Agric, 25(10) 778-784
â€¢ Rohman, A., Riyanto, S., Utari, D., 2006, Antioxidant activities, total phenolic and flavonoid contents of ethyl acetate extract of Mengkudu (Morinda citrifolia, L) fruit and its fractions. Journal Pharmacy Indonesia
â€¢ Tan Hoan dan Kirana Rahardja. 2007. Medications Important . 6th Edition . Elex Media Komputindo.Jakarta
â€¢ Winarsi, H.2007. Natrural Anti- oxidant and free radical : Potential and Its Application in Health. Kanisius. Yogyakarta
â€¢ Wijayakusuma H. 2000. Potential medicinal plants native to Indonesia as a health product [Online cited 2009 Sept 23]; Available from: URL:http://digilib.batan.go.id/eprosiding/File%20Prosiding/Kesehatan/ Risalah%202000/2000.pdf. (Accesed on feb 15, 2015)
â€¢ Zou, Y., Lu, Y. and Wei,D., 2004, Antioxidant activity of Flavonoid-rich extract of Hypericum perforatum L in vitro, J. Agric. Food Chem,52, 5032-5039.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.