Agroforestry Sustainability Status to Support Food Resilience
Keywords:agroforestry, sustainability.sub-watershed, multidimension
At present, Cisokan sub watershed in West Java Province, is not good enough to support good quality of life and many people living in theÂ area are sufferingÂ from food deficiency. In many parts of the sub watershed, the land use/ land cover is consist of critical land, crop plantation in the hills without terraces and encroached forestland.To overcome this, certain Â type of land use should be implemented. In this case, agroforestryÂ can play important role, not only for food but for ecosystem protection as well. The success of agroforestry system development in Cisokan subwatershed can only be met if supported by complete and up to date data on social, economy and ecology or environment of the area. Based on that data, the sustainability of agroforestry practices can be assessed. Agroforestry sustainability status from social dimension is 43.22 (less sustainable), economic dimension 49.81 (less sustainable), environment dimension is 52.93 (sufficiently sustainable) and multidimensional value is 48.65 (less sustainable). Some attributes that significantly contribute to agroforestry sustainability are willingness to change main food, farmer households expenditure for food nutrients as well as plant pests and diseases control. In order to improve the sustainability level of agroforestry practices, more attention should be paid to social and economics dimensions with comprehensive approaches to all attributes.
Arifin, H.S. et al. Pengelolaan, Perencanaan, Monitoring, dan Evaluasi Lanskap Agroforestri. In Analisis Lanskap Agroforestri. pp.73-98, 2013.
Badan Ketahanan Pangan Daerah Provinsi Jawa Barat. Statistik Ketahanan Pangan Daerah Jawa Barat Tahun 2013. Bandung, 2013.
Badan Pusat Statistik Kabupaten Bandung Barat .Statistik Daerah Kabupaten Bandung Barat 2015. Katalog BPS: 1101002.3217. Bandung Barat, 2015.
Badan Pusat Statistik Kabupaten Cianjur. Statistik Daerah Kabupaten Cianjur 2014. Katalog BPS: 1414.3203. Cianjur, 2014.
Cahyono, S.A. â€œAgroforestri Mendukung Kedaulatan Pangan Berkelanjutan: Prospek dan Permasalahanâ€, In Proceeding of the Peranan Pers pada Pembangunan Pertanian Berwawasan Lingkungan Mendukung Kedaulatan Pangan Berkelanjutan Seminar, pp.49-58, 2013.
Kavanagh, P. dan T.J. Pitcher. Implementing Microsoft Excel Software for Rapfish: A Technique for the Rapid Appraisal Fisheries Status. Vancouver: University of British Columbia, 2014.
Pranoto, H. et al. â€œAnalisis Karakteristik Sosial Ekonomi dan Keberlanjutan Sistem Agroforestri di Sub Daerah Aliran Sungai Cisokanâ€, In Proceeding of the Agroforestry National Seminar, pp.624-629, 2013.
Sedarmayanti and S. Hidayat, Metodologi Penelitian, CV. Mandar Maju, Bandung, 2011.
Widyati, E. and Bustomi, S. â€œPotret Keberhasilan Upaya Optimasi Produktivitas Lahan melalui Agroforestri menuju Ketahanan Pangan, Energi dan Air di Jawaâ€, In Proceeding of the Agroforestry National Seminar, pp.685-691, 2013.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.