Synthesis and Polymerization of New silane Coupling Agent and Used it as Impact Modifier of Silica Filled Unsaturated Polyester
Keywords:VTAS, Silica particle, commercial unsaturated polyester(UP), filled composites, thermal and mechanical properties
of this study was to prepare vinyltriallyloxysilane (VTAS) through the reaction of allylalcohol and vinyltrichlorosilane, this monomers was polymerized free radically by using peroxide initiator. The monomer and polymer were characterized by FTIR,TGA and DSC technique. The result show that the polymer has high decomposition temperature. On the other hand Â composite of unsaturated polyester filled with untreated and treated silica have been prepared .The surface modificationÂ of the silica was done by usingÂ the prepared silane coupling agent (SCA), the effect of this treatment of filler particles in the polymer matrix was evaluated by mechanical analysis. The result shown that the tensile strength, elongation and impact resistance were improved.
-Hull , D., ((An Introduction to composites Materials)), Cambridge University press, Cambridge, 1992, 1-57 .
-Harper , A., ((Hand Book of Plastics Elastomers and Composites)) 4th addition ,McGraw-Hill,New York, 2002.
-Vale , C.P. ((The Chemistry of Unsaturated Polyester and Allyl Resins)) , Chapter 2 in Morgan p (Ed) , ILFFE, London 1961 , 19-36 .
-Gue,T.; Wang,L.; Zhangaa,T.; &Cia,T.; Journal of Material Scince (2005): 97, 1154-1159.
-Ashton , J.E., Halphine, J.C., & Petit,P.H. (1982). On Composites Materials ,Technomic publishing Co,Inc., Stamford Conn
-Mohanty ,A.k., Dizal,l.T., & Miscra ,M., (2000) Journal of Material Science , 21, 1885-1888 .
-Nishitani,Y.,Sekiquchi,I.; Nakamura ,K.; Nagatska,Y. &Kitano,T. (1998) ,The journal of Japanese Society of Polymer Processing vol.10,No.2 , 139-148.
-Mader,E.; Jacobasch,H.J.Grundke,K.&Gietzelt,T.(1996), Composites Part A. Applied Science and Manfacturing Vol.27 A No. 9 , 907-912.
- Wu,H.;Dwigth,D.; Huff,N.; Comp. Sci.Tech ( 1977) ; 57: 975-983.
-Monticelli,F.; Toledano,M.; Osorio,R.; Ferrar,M.; Dent. Mater Nov (2006); 22(11): 1024-1028.
- Martus ,P.; Kielbassa ,A.; Am. J . Dent Jun (2006): 19 (3) : 138-142.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.