Combined Natural Convection-Radiation in an Annulus between Two Concentric Cylinders
Keywords:coupled radiation-convection, Finites differences, annular space.
AbstractIn this work, we intend to solve numerically the impact of the coupling of convection-radiation for a cylindrical and an annular cylindrical configuration in order to improve this heat transfer. For that, we subject the cylinder external with a constant parietal heat flow. The numerical resolution of this system related to their limited conditions was carried out by the finite differences method making it possible to simulate the radiative effect in the annular cylindrical space. Therefore, the aim of our study is to recreate at low-temperature, radiative effects being able to improve the heat transfers in flow patterns (parallel plates and annular cylindrical spaces), representative of the ones seen in electronics or electrotechnics. The results obtained show the absorption of the black body introduced for various positions of the intermediate wall.
Kuehn T.H, Goldstein R.J., An expÃ©rimental and theoretical study of natural convction in the annulus between horizontal concentric cylinders, J. Fluid Mech. 74, 695-
Kuehn T.H., Goldstein R.J., An experimental study of natural convection heat transfer in concentric and eccentric horizontal cylindrical annuli, J. Heat Trans.-T.ASME,
V.W.Antonnetti, R.C.Chu et J.H.Seely, Thermal design for IBM system/360 model91 International electronic circuit packaging symposium, 1967.
M.Hirano, T.Miyauchi et Y.Takahira, Enhancement of radiative heat transfer
inThe laminar chanel flow of non gray gas, J.heat mass transfer, 31,2, 367-374, 1988.  M.Jacob, Heat transfer , John Wiley and sons , Inc,New york ,1948.
T.C.Chawla, Combined radiation convection in thermally developing poiseuil flow with scattering, J.of Heat transfer, 102, 297-302, 1980.
Onyegigu,Heat transfer inside a horizontal cylindrical annulus in the presence of thermal radiation and buoyancy , Int J heat mass transfer ,29,58, 1986.
R.Viscanta, Interaction of heat transfer by conduction, convection, and radiation in a radiating fluid,J.of heat transfer, 85,318-328, 1963.
J.S ,Toor, and R. Viskanta , A numerical experiment of radiant exchange by the
Monte Carlo methodâ€. Int. J. Heat mass transfer ,1 1, 883-897, 1968.
Kaminski, Deborah A, , â€œradiatve transfer of gray, absorbing-emitting isothermal
Medium in a conical enclosureâ€ ASME journal of solar energy engineering, 111,
D.V, Walters, et Buckius. R, Monte Carlo for Heat transfer in scattering media, â€œannual review of heat transfer, changeling , ed, CRC press, Boca Raton, 131-176 ,1994.
K.M ,Becker, and Kaye, J., Measurements of adiabatic and adiabatic fluid flow in an annulus with an inner rotating cylinder. Journal of Heat Transfer, 84,97 -105, 1962.
M. Bouafia, A. Ziouchi, Y. Bertin, J.B. Saulnier, Ã©tude expÃ©rimentale et NumÃ©rique des transferts de chaleur en espace annulaire sans dÃ©bit axial et avec cylindre intÃ©rieur tournant. Int. J. Therm. Sci38, 547-559, 1999.
B.W,Webb, Viskanta R., Radiation-induced buoyancy-driven flow in rectangular enclosures experiment and analysis, J. Heat Trans.-T. ASME 109, 427-433, 1987.
A.Yucel, Acharya S., Williams M.L., Natural convection and radiation in a square
enclosure, Numer. Heat Tr. 15, 261-277, 1989.
W.A.Fiveland, Discrete ordinate solutions of the radiation transport equation of rectangular enclosures, J. Heat Trans.-T. ASME 106, 699-706, 1984.
Z ,Tan, Howell J.R., Combined radiation and natural convection in a participating medium between horizontal concentric cylinders, in Proceedings of the National Heat Transfer Conference, Heat Transfer Phenomena in Radiation, Combustion and Fires,106, 87-94, 1989.
Raithby G.D., Chui E.H., A finite volume method for predicting a radiant heat transfer in enclosures with participating media, J Heat Trans.-T. ASME 1 12 (2), 415-423,1990.
Ki Wan Kim, Seung Wook Baek â€˜Inverse radiationâ€“conduction design problem in a participating concentric cylindrical medium. Division of Aerospace Engineering,Department of Mech anical En gin eerin g, Kor ea Advan ced In stitute of Scien ce an d Technology, 2006 .
N. Aouled-Dlala, T. Sghaier, E. Seddiki (Numerical solution of radiative and conductive heat transfer in concentric spherical and cylindrical media), DÃ©partement de Ph ysique, FaculteÂ´ des Sciences de Tunis, UniteÂ´ de Rayonnement Thermique, 2092
Elmanar II, Tunis, Tunisia 2007.
Vital LeDez n, HamouSadat (Radiative transfer in a semi-transparent medium enclosed in a cylindrical annulus),Institut PPRIME,UPRCNRS3346,UniversiteÂ´ de Poitiers
Meziane M ;CH et Boussaid, M ;(utilisation des techniques de Monte Carlo pour lâ€™Ã©valuation des â€˜Ã©changes radiatifs), universitÃ© Boumerdes, DÃ©partement Ã©nergÃ©tique
H.A. Mohammed Antonio Campo , R. Saidur,â€™ Experimental study of forced and free convective heat transfer in the thermal entry region of horizontal concentric
annuliâ€™, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer 37, 739â€“747, 2010.
How to Cite
- Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, or thesis) and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher.
- It is also the authors responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular source are submitted with the necessary approval.
- The authors warrant that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required.
- The authors ensure that all the references carefully and they are accurate in the text as well as in the list of references (and vice versa).
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.